So I have been lurking here for a while researching older Supras with the intention of finding one for myself. The day before I was leaving to go on a 5 hour drive to look at a 1984 Rider, I found this one on CL. Condition is pretty rough but I wanted a winter project, the price was right and it was less than a 2 hour drive. Long story short I bought a 1986 Sunsport. The motor (351W) runs well and has even compression (~100psi) on all 8, electronic ignition, new Holley carb, 1:1 velvet drive etc...The hull has a few big dings here and there but not too bad. The gelcoat and stripes need some attention for sure. Cutting board swim platform(). Trailer is rough but seems to "fit" the boat ok (not a supra trailer). The interior is gone and the floor is very soft on the left side of the engine compartment. The rear motor mount bolts are loose confirming bad stringers. (As I write this I'm wondering why I even bought it LOL!) I have a bunch of spare parts from the previous owner including a complete tranny, steering cable assy, shift cable assy, manifolds, water pump, brand new captain's chairs, bell-housing, flywheel etc...

My plan is to build a boat that I can surf and wake board behind with my family and not have a boat payment

Engine is coming out this weekend and floor will be removed soon after. I hope to not have to take off the top cap but we will see.

This boat appears to have never had a ski pylon?

Wake plate is non adjustable?

To be continued.....
supra 026.jpg
supra 028.jpg
supra 029.jpg
supra 030.jpg
supra 031.jpg