Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

choice of flooring will basically decide. if you want it under the dash/bow section then do the flooring first. if you want to cut around all of that then drop the cap back on.

if you're painting the cap, do that before it's on the boat. decide if you want to clean up any dash wiring first, too.

Default 1986 Sunsport project

I agree Salty. Flooring will be put down in sections when the interior is complete. I am painting/ buffing the top and will be redoing the entire dash. I think I'm better off with the top on my equipment trailer instead of the hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thing is looking good. Nice work! Be careful with that hydro-turf though, it's super grippy. I've gone from one guys boat to mine, expecting to have some slip but in fact my platform was so grippy that when I didn't pick me feet up enough I almost fell on my face.

Again, nice work. Can't wait to see this thing finished.

Test fitting the FAE. So far I have about $30 invested

I doubt the pvc will be able to stand the exhuast temp... Have you ever put your hand over the exhaust while cruising? Its HOT. Way above the 140 pvc is rated for....
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Considering it will be submerged in lake water I'm pretty sure it will be fine .

Quote Originally Posted by 92SupraComp View Post
    I doubt the pvc will be able to stand the exhuast temp... Have you ever put your hand over the exhaust while cruising? Its HOT. Way above the 140 pvc is rated for....
    Well, what are the exhaust flanges on your boat made of? Mine are plastic.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=100698
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

What type of plastic are they made of? I have the same just 3.5"

The pvc wont be so submerged when your cruising, the entire transom is out of the water when cruising, on any boat I have ridden in... I can't hold my hand over our Supra's exhuast for more than 2 sec. It is extremely hot, our friends MC still has the long mufflers in and they make a huge difference in exhaust temp but it is still blistering hot coming out the rear...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1984 E-Scow

Don't forget there is water mixed with the exhaust, I don't think that there is much danger of overheating the pipe. I've never bothered to see just how hot the exhaust is at speed, but if as you say you can hold your hand there for 2 seconds, it's not terribly hot. You wouldn't be able to hold your hand over the vent of a whistling kettle for that long and it's only 212F. I'm keen to see how this setup works out, I've been thinking about my own fiberlass FAE, but I'm thinking of dual, rather than the 2 in 1 configuration.

And on that note, I've noticed that my motor starts much better when it's out of the water, I'm assuming it's because it doesn't have to clear exhaust pipes full water. I have no flappers on mine, and I'm wondering for those of you that do if it helps on start in the water, of if they leak enough that it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by chris young; 02-15-2014 at 11:45 AM.

flaps just keep birds out. And yes I know the water gets mixed, its called wet exhaust. It will run much hotter without mufflers. I would run mufflers before the FAE to help keep exhaust temps down

1984 E-Scow