Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie View Post
    Maybe start a new thread for DIY FAE? I'm glad I don't have couplings, weak spot for sure.
    Agreed. The real FAE uses flanges instead of couplings.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Agreed. The real FAE uses flanges instead of couplings.
    I pretty much designed it the way that larry told me he'd do a FAE on my boat if I bought it from him. And no, on the real FAE Supra instructions there's no flanges unless you pay more to replace your exhaust outlets with a flange style so you can go flange to flange...

Look at the "Moomba and Supra" instructions on this pdf on page 3:
    http://www.freshairexhaust.com/wp-co...ons.pdf?6513c6

Anyway, I am sure I can make some improvements... I'm pretty surprised that it broke the metal pipe strapping though. I think if it broke the pipe strapping, it cold have very sell torn plastic to pvc that was rivetted together. Then I'd have an even bigger mess to clean up.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

My mistake. When I purchased my FAE, I replaced the supertrapps with flanges. I did use the supplied rubber couplers, though. Maybe adding some additional supports to yours would help?

You can see that mine has two horizontal bars and then vertical supports attached to them on each side. Hasn't moved since it was installed in 2010

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.