Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

With the cap removed the boat will be very unstable and the sides will need support too. Two large railway ties with cross bridging and a few casters on the bottom would make it a oversized Supra cart so it could be wheeled around the shop while its drying. This would also make entry/exits much more pleasant through out the rebuild and save lots of space in the shop.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Daff, do you have a picture of this "cart"? I'm leaning towards building five pillar stands shaped to the bottom of the hull and bracing the top walls with a 2x4 notched canoe style. The cart idea sounds cool because I could push it into the corner when I need more room. I really wish I had 4 bays open.... one for the bottom, one for the top, one for the trailer, and one for the drivetrain and interior. Oh well, at least I'm not working in my basement or out in the driveway!

Think of a basic boat lift cradle made of wood with caster wheels under it. My uploader will not work right now.....

http://forums.iboats.com/boat-topics...ft-391589.html

This will point you in the right direction.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Working on removing the old floor and chipping out the soaked foam. I'm sure many of you feel my pain, this job sucks! I had to drill some limber holes in the rotten stringers to get the water out! In some spots I had gallons of water pooled and trapped by foam. The factory did not do a good job covering all the wood with glass. Spending hours removing this stuff gives me plenty of time to think about how to do it properly with drainage and air flow. I wonder where this boat will be 30 years from now?

Definitely going to move on to the trailer after all the foam and stringers are out, she needs to dry out!

Priced out a couple boat stands...$$$... I think I'll make some. I don't plan on doing any work to the inside of the hull until it's back on the trailer.

supra 009.jpg

I ran into the same thing.

Here is my rebuild. Have a look and it might answer some questions.

http://s919.photobucket.com/user/jas...boat%20rebuild
    86 Saltare

Default 1986 Sunsport project

Finally done with the foam removal. 11 bags full, probably about 1500lbs or more with the water logged wood.

More progress! Who needs a set of boat stands. Should be working on the bunks and steps tonight. I also ordered some sliders.

Question for you guys: my bunk brackets are 10 ft apart and I got 12' lumber. Should I overhang a foot on either side? Also there is a spot for a 12" v-roller in the rear, should I get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! You are making some quick progress. Looking great. The rear roller depends on how your boat site on the trailer. Mine doesn't ever hit it, but I'd still replace it. It's possible that it'd come into play on a steep ramp.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

SO jealous of you guys with a boat sized garage...