Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio locations

I have a 84 comp with the same problem. I never listen to radio only ipod . Can anyone give me details on what is needed and how to hook up to use the ipod without a head unit?

Default Radio locations

It sounds like you use RCA cords with a plug to fit into the headphone jack. Then just lug the RCA cords directly into an amp?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I have a 84 comp with the same problem. I never listen to radio only ipod . Can anyone give me details on what is needed and how to hook up to use the ipod without a head unit?
    Although one can go directly from the MP3 device to the amp using a cable that has RCA jacks on one end, the sound quality and output will suffer. Its even worse if you need to split the signal to multiple amps. The preferred method is to have a line driver of some kind between the music source and the amp(s). This can be a pure line driver like the ARC Audio ALD. If can be EQ like the Wet Sounds WS-420SQ (Marine EQ with true 3 zone volume control), Kicker KQ-5 (automotive based EQ w/front/rear fade and sub level) or other automotive based EQ, or marine Zone Controller Like Kicker's ZXM-RLC (dedicated dual zone control and line driver. All of these will offer a better signal to the amp, better then any head-unit ever will.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio