Default Subwoofer jump seat

So, I added a 10" sub to my boat a while back. I was going to make my own box, but found this one that was already coated in bedliner and it seemed like the obvious choice.

My plan was to put the box in the spot beside the observer seat that starts the walkthrough to the playpen bow.

I found a vinyl cushion cover on ebay for pretty cheap that was about the right dimensions. I stuffed it with the "throw" floation cushion I am required to have.

The cushion is wider in the rear and had some straps with snaps on them that gave me the idea of how to secure it. So it does end up with the zipper forward, but I can live with that.

I put two snaps in the cooler so it not only snaps down but the cooler cushion holds the straps in place as well.

And the front of the cushion cover now snaps to the top front of the subwoofer box.

The snaps are there to keep the cushion in place while trailering. And it's great to have a "jump seat" to give that one extra seating option in the boat. Plus, who doesn't like some subwoofer for their audio system!!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Great idea! I may have to copy you on that one. Get a good grille so no one puts a foot through the woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie View Post
    Great idea! I may have to copy you on that one. Get a good grille so no one puts a foot through the woofer.
    Yeah, it's on the to-do list. I did get the led ring for it though, that looks pretty cool at night.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.