Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Several Saltare Parts available including hull and top cap

We acquired a 2nd 1987 Saltare for the trailer and have stripped everything off the boat. It did not have an engine, transmission or fuel tank so these would not be available but nearly everything else was still there. The floor was already removed and all stringers are of course in need of replacement if anyone is interested in the hull.

The rear facing passenger seat is in decent condition but all of the other cushions and bases are not salvageable in my opinion. Not even enough wood left to use as templates.

We may be keeping some parts for ourselves but if anyone is interested in the hull or any parts send me an PM and I'll see if we have them available to sell.

Please post a pic of the hull. I need to see the whole boat, and the interior please. Depending on the color and overall condition I might be interested.

What would you be asking for it? I'm keeping things out in the open instead of PM'ing incase others are interested as well.

Below are a couple of links to where it was listed here previously. It was purchased and sat for a year or so until we bought it a few weeks ago. As described above we have stripped everything down and most if not all of the interior is beyond repair. The hull color is black with light grey top cap and in pretty good condition. As for price I'm open to any offers for it. Located 30 minutes west of the Minneapolis, MN area.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...t=saltare+sale

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...0862#post70862
    Last edited by Namakan; 10-29-2013 at 09:53 AM.

You say the top cap is light gray. Is that just grime and dirt or is it actually gray? Or are you referring to the accent stripe on the top cap? I'm not seeing the gray.

You have stripped everything down, please be more specific. Is the helm station all there, dash, gauges, etc?

Strut and rudder? And no offense, I would really prefer a picture of it now if you can, with everything stripped from it that you are taking. From what I can gather, this is a boat with no trailer, just a hull and what's left of the interior (rotted of course). Is that accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    You say the top cap is light gray. Is that just grime and dirt or is it actually gray? Or are you referring to the accent stripe on the top cap? I'm not seeing the gray.

You have stripped everything down, please be more specific. Is the helm station all there, dash, gauges, etc?

Strut and rudder? And no offense, I would really prefer a picture of it now if you can, with everything stripped from it that you are taking. From what I can gather, this is a boat with no trailer, just a hull and what's left of the interior (rotted of course). Is that accurate?
    I'm not up to speed of what supra named their colors but I would not classify it as the normal boat fiberglass "white". It's an off white or light grey but again I'm just describing my opinion on color.

The helm station is there but we removed the instrument cluster, panel and all the wiring harnesses.
    The rudder, shaft, skegs and water pickup were removed from the bottom. The only thing we left was the center drain plug assembly.

I have some pictures on my phone I could text you if interested. Send me a PM and I'll send you what I have.

There is no trailer so that would need to be considered if some one comes to pick it up.

I think you're probably right on the colors. Supra has an "off-white" color. Not pure white, and that is probably so oxidized and dirty it may have a gray haze to it.

I'm gonna bow out. I wouldn't give any money for that. I'm sorry. I'd love to save it, but I'm not going to pay for a hull with none of the running gear at all. Some of the things that have been removed are quite expensive to replace, on top of the rest of the boats condition. Just to get the missing items you are looking at close to $6,000. Then the expense to rebuild it.

This boat keeps wanting to be saved, just like last year when I almost got it. But more and more things keep making it harder and harder for me to save the ole girl.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I think you're probably right on the colors. Supra has an "off-white" color. Not pure white, and that is probably so oxidized and dirty it may have a gray haze to it.

I'm gonna bow out. I wouldn't give any money for that. I'm sorry. I'd love to save it, but I'm not going to pay for a hull with none of the running gear at all. Some of the things that have been removed are quite expensive to replace, on top of the rest of the boats condition. Just to get the missing items you are looking at close to $6,000. Then the expense to rebuild it.

This boat keeps wanting to be saved, just like last year when I almost got it. But more and more things keep making it harder and harder for me to save the ole girl.

We could of course include many of the bottom running gear items if interested in the project. We simply removed them all so we could slide the hull off the trailer onto some wood on the ground where it now rests.

Still have many parts available if anyone is needing something.

If you included the skegs and the running gear (strut, rudder, and prop shaft). I would give you $100 for it. That's it. Cause that's about all the remaining parts are worth. Once you part out this boat it will sit until you get tired of it, and then it will go to a scrap yard. I'm willing to spend $100 cash, and the $$$$$ in fuel it would take to tow my flat bed trailer up there behind a diesel all the way to Minnesota from TN. The amount of money it will take to get this boat running now is immense, just immense.

Stringers: $3500
    Engine: $5000 built complete
    Tranny: $1800 finalized for completion
    Interior redone: $2000

Too bad I did not get ahold of you before we purchased it and drove it back from Knoxville, TN. You could have had everything for a song and it would have been delivered.

I agree it's probably far too much work and $ to ever make it worthwhile. Just hate to see it get crushed

I'll make you a deal. You sell what you can from it. Then keep what you want. What ever is left, give to me. I'll take the hull off your hands before I let another one get crushed. I've got places I can store it if I have to wait on it. But they can sit for a long damn time before it even comes close to being crushed. I still want to see pictures of it as it sits now. Has the top cap been pulled yet?

But whatever you do, DO NOT CRUSH IT.