Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Big blue balls under the cover... (wait, what???)

How's that for a title??? Get your minds out of the gutter!

So, my boat cover was having problems with water pooling up in the rear corners, with the trunk cushion and the rear rails forming a barrier that kept the water in.

The problem is that the area of my cover that needed to be raised up for it to drain better was the dead space that was directly above the rear seat. I read a cool solution on the forums and decided to give it a try.

I got a pair of exercise balls from walmart for under $10 each. I was also having water pool up in the area behind the windshield before the engine cover. So I have a "T" there that's padded with a couple smaller foam balls. (credit to Newty for the "T" idea).

It's working great. No more pools of water on the cover after it gets rained on. Yep, my boat's got big blue balls! hahaha.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I found a simple way to keep my mooring cover up and not let water collect was by making a post to slip over the ski pylon. 3" PVC pipe 3 ft. Long with a cap with slots cut in the bottom by a compact saw. Quick, simple and all I need to put in the boat to keep the cover snug.
    image.jpg

Nice tricks! Good to know!

Trayson, is your cover made to fit with the tower? I would love to see a pic of how the cover goes around the tower legs. Trying to get ideas for a new cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used the "fitballs" for several years now - much easier on the cover too!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie View Post
    Nice tricks! Good to know!

Trayson, is your cover made to fit with the tower? I would love to see a pic of how the cover goes around the tower legs. Trying to get ideas for a new cover.

There is a cutout for each tower leg that velcros together at the bottom. The cover has a cinch rope, so there is a clip to disconnect the rope on the starboard and the cinch cam on the port side. There are also cutouts with flaps over them to expose the cleats. The flaps velcro down.

I know on a lot of the newer covers they use zippers instead of velcro, and nylon webbing instead of rope.

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I think Velcro wins over zippers. Thanks for the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie View Post
    I think Velcro wins over zippers. Thanks for the pics!

It has pros and cons. My velcro is starting to get tired in some places so doesn't stick as well as it used to. The velcro can be kind of annoying at time, but the zippers would require more handling.

Default I think this thing has a trailer hitch...

Dude!...you can finally ditch the girl truck...I found your new tow-mobile!

IMG_5305.jpg

I bought a triangular shaped tow-able that fits in the bow . It works perfect for towing so the wind dosnt push it down in the bow and stress it on the windshield. It also doubles as a support for rain. My wife modified my cover like trayson's . The Velcro can be replaced at any trim shop.

Get a hangtyte. Work awesome! We put them on all of our new boats with towers.

http://www.hangtyte.com/site/5089e9b...otos.html#2756