Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default This is a comp I've never seen before

I'm guessing this one falls under the "rare" category. I've never seen one like this before, but I freaking love it!!! This one was apparently for sale in our area (knoxville). Wish I had seen the ad. Someone actually posted an ad looking for this boat, which is how I got the pictures. This thing is just plain sexy as hell. Now this would go well in my shop.

Notice it says barefoot competition ski boat.

Very nice and sexy !!!
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

wow. Has cool factor to it. Would be interested to see if it truly is special. What made the Barefoot Nautique special from the Dominique (Martinique's little brother) was that the Dominique had a 351W and the Barefoot Nautique came standard with 330HP 454 BB.
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

I wondered if it might be a big block as well. But the 351w could easily provide the power for barefooting. We used to do it behind our old comp all the time. I don't think the extra HP could offset the extra weight.

I do want to learn more about this thing though.

haha, well for CC it was well you can get the 230HP 351W or add 250lbs and you can get 330HP 454. LOL. Although, the bottom end power of a 454 is much higher than that of a 351W...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

I think it is a older boat painted black with a few extra nice stickers. Notice the vinyl how it matches in colour so perfect from the trailer to the numbers and the supra on the boat. NTM its a late 80's trailer with a new Supra logo from the Launch era too.

She is sexy and well done.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Supra has used that logo on the trailer for a long time image.jpg
    Original trailer on my 95.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Stupid me on the trailer.... Long day. The Supra reminds me of the 90's font from the La Brista.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Have the same font on my 89 combrio and trailer

I'm going with a legit boat. This was being sold in Knoxville, 20 minutes from Supra HQ. My guess is, this was a special order for someone from Supra, and they've had it the whole time. The trailer is a dead on match to my Saltare trailer currently.

But seeing as it's a double axle, 92supracomp may be right. It could be a 454. WHICH WOULD BE BADASS!!!!!! I still find it hard to believe as the doghouse on my 454 is WAY bigger than the doghouse on my 351w Comp and Mariah. So I still think it might be a 351w. But depending on the year since the trailer looks newer, there is also a strong chance this is a Comp Classic (all composite). That would also explain the solid color pattern. Even the swim platform is black.

There are so many questions I want to ask about this boat.