Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Guys, it happened, it's done. The reality is he wanted to leave. He asked to leave. And by some freak accident it was deleted permanently. It was the first time it's ever happened (I
    think). But it's done.

The mods have their hands full with spammers, and a-holes like me always needing to be cleaned up after. They have enough to deal with. So he deleted it, so what? He didn't mean to, and feels like absolute crap for it. Jetlink is a very big Supra fan, and a good guy. No point in harping on it anymore. PERIOD.

As for Ngavdba leaving, it was his choice. As a true die hard I completely understand him leaving...
    I can't help but feel some degree of responsibility (or at least involvement) in all of this. And since Haugy is one that's said he understands why, I would like to call on that understanding. Because I still don't completely understand why.

My recolection of the events that led up to all of this are as follows:

• Advice was asked on Bunks vs. Poles. NGAVDBA's pic was posted as an example of some of the biggest bunks they'd seen.
    • I saw those and pictured all that I could screw up on my hull if I came in crooked and advocated poles (for ME)
    • NGAVDBA said that poles look goofy
    • I showed a few examples stating new wake boats all use poles
    • He said they look goofy and said that "bass boats have poles".
    • I bantered a little in response and said his argument was invalid (i.e. that bass boats have props, seats, steering wheels, etc).
    • He first replied "We get it, you like poles".
    • Then all his responses were edited out and I eventually heard about the accidental banning and his desire to leave.

I certainly don't want to be viewed as some troll that is tearing apart the Supra community. I like to think that I am a valid contributor and most certainly embrace promoting knowledge through sharing. I've been told on more than one occasion that my long writeup about the purchase of my boat and my experiences over the first summer of ownership have helped out other people making similar buying decisions... I know my transmission rebuild has allowed me to give insight to others.

Bottom line is that I was in "debate mode" and "banter mode". But I would have NEVER guessed that I was pushing his buttons to the degree that he would ultimately choose to leave the forum. I was shocked. I've been given a lot more sh** by others here than I felt like I was dishing out. And I was never insulting or condescending to him. In fact, I went to great lengths to say that he's undoubtedly a better driver than me (hence my need for poles) and that he obviously takes way better care of his boat than mine (hence his beautiful gelgoat relative to mine). The compliments I threw out were generous and were definitley intended to prevent offense from being taken.

So, I feel like some responsibility does rest on my shoulders, because I keep thinking that had I not engaged him in (what I thought was playful) banter, he'd probably still be here. So, I'm interested in learning what it was that struck a nerve. And finding out if I was overboard with my enthusiasm to debate and get on my internet soapbox. And if there's more to the story that I'm not aware of.

Gogger, please accept my apologies, because regardless of my intentions, I think that my interaction with him was not recieved as playfully as I intended and ultimately started things in motion to have the unfortunate result we're all left with. I never wanted this result and would personally beg him back if I could.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Oh for petes sake . I don't know what was said but I find it hard to believe that 1 tread would make any member much less a senior member call it quits . I'm sure it was a mistake that he got banned moderators are not given instructions on every aspect of the operation of this forum. We do the best we can but mistakes happen. I agree with Haugy time to grow a pair and move on. If David dosnt want to post that is his decision. I don't know what is going on in his life. I doubt it was that thread that caused this. I hope things work out for him and he comes back to the family. Sometimes brothers have to give a little space to regroup. I hope to see him and all the rest of you at one of the get togethers next year.

I say off with EVERYONE'S head! Anarchy in the streets will solve it all! Ha....anyone up for a drink? Wooooo long thread to read. Sorry I know its not a light subject, I always seem to laugh at odd things.
    Shane

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch

Quote Originally Posted by suprasam View Post
    I say off with EVERYONE'S head! Anarchy in the streets will solve it all! Ha....anyone up for a drink? Wooooo long thread to read. Sorry I know its not a light subject, I always seem to laugh at odd things.
    I like your style. I have been reading this thread the last few days because its kind of entertaining. Not to offend anyone of course.

Whoa, I'm out of the loop for a few weeks and now people are getting banned? Especially long time members and all posts with tremendously valuable knowledge deleted? If that's how it's gonna be why should any of us bother contributing here? Spending all that time helping others and documenting valuable information here when it turns out to just be wasted time and the information deleted... Seems pointless. No issues like this over at CCF and those guys can be pretty rough around the edges and crude at times with the back and forth yet have a tremendous wealth of information on restoration and modification and a tight knit group. I don't really know what happened, but at first glance it looks like the beginning of the end of this group.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Whoa, I'm out of the loop for a few weeks and now people are getting banned? Especially long time members and all posts with tremendously valuable knowledge deleted? If that's how it's gonna be why should any of us bother contributing here? Spending all that time helping others and documenting valuable information here when it turns out to just be wasted time and the information deleted... Seems pointless. No issues like this over at CCF and those guys can be pretty rough around the edges and crude at times with the back and forth yet have a tremendous wealth of information on restoration and modification and a tight knit group. I don't really know what happened, but at first glance it looks like the beginning of the end of this group.
    Much of what happened was unintentional. The Mods didn't mean to delete and he's thrown himself on his sword as a result.

I've come to the conclusion that my little bit of easy banter couldn't have been the sole contributor. It just wasn't that much in our exchange. So undoubtedly there was a lot more to the story of why he wanted to leave and not come back. But no one that's in the know sees the need to fill me in, so I've accepted I probably won't find out.

Waiting for it to all blow over. Your post seems to be putting a bit more fuel on the fire though.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

It's getting late, y'all are a bunch of great guys, goodnight
    90 Conbrio

I'm with maple...time to move foward and restore the vibe. Cheers

Sorry guys, as you know I haven't been here long, trying to remember who Ngavdba was. What boat did he have? I know I have gone through some of his forums... Sorry just trying to remember who he was. Also, still trying to understand what happened with what thread... Not trying to start something, worst thing to do. Best thing is as you guys have said, move on...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

See what happens in the off season? Lol I bet none of this would have happened if our boats were still in the water. It's going to be a long winter.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4