Default Wetted Surface - 2000 Launch vs 2002 Launch SS

I am in need of a trailer for a 2000 Launch that I just bought, and found a local guy selling one from a 2002 Launch SS. I know the SS is about a foot longer and has lower freeboard, but what about the hull design on the wetted surface? I am wondering how well the bunks will match up as is. I'm pretty sure the winch and bow roller would need to be moved to the rear and maybe up a bit, but that is easy compared to lifting the boat off the trailer to match the bunks up.

I am sure the wetted surface is not your biggest issue and you could move the bunks a bit as needed, but I would think that it being a full foot longer will cause more issues. You would need to move your bow stop back a full foot to prevent damage to the prop while loading. Not an expert here for sure, but maybe give a call to Boatmate and ask them or maybe a Supra dealer that has been in business for a long time and might remember if they ever did it.

I'm not worried about the bow stop - that is easy to cut off and reweld further back. I am anticipating having to do this, as noted in my original post.

A few cardboard templates would make things EZ to figure out. Make a port to starboard at the transom and one mid ship near the front secton of the bow. This will give you the general bottom of the hull shape for the bunks. In total you should have four placed near the steps of the hull to help centre the boat while loading. Look around for a few pictures to help ....

I would take a few measurements for you but mine is in storage till spring.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Meh, it's no big deal. Most later model inboards have pretty similar deadrise, and the bunks will probably be fine as is. I just thought someone here might know if the wetted surfaces were exactly the same except for length. Because that would be cool.