Thread: Land Start

Default Land Start

Before I take my boat to the ramp, I want to start it in the driveway to make sure all is good. I have a 2005 21V and was wondering where I need to hook up the hose to get water to the engine. I looked on you tube for a step by step video but couldn't find anything. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Default Land Start

You should look into purchasing a "fake a lake". It looks like a plunger and gets propped between the driveway and the intake on the bottom of the hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Land Start

Make sure u put it on the engine water intake and not a ballast intake. The one for the engine will be more like a scoop.

If the raw water hose is easily accessible at the thru-hull end, you can pull it off, stick the garden hose in and pack it with a rag. Turn the water on and fire up the engine. Some take it a step further and make a fitting that threads on the end of the garden hose and then has a slip-fit type fitting that goes into the raw water hose and gets clamped in. In this setup is a shutoff. This way the water source is on when you climb up into the boat, so you just need to open the valve and start the engine.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Default Re: Land Start

This is a picture of the bottom of my boat. Which intake should I hook the fake a wake suction to?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by scschubert View Post
    This is a picture of the bottom of my boat. Which intake should I hook the fake a wake suction to?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    You need to look from the top and see which side comes up with the hose and goes into your v-drive to make sure. But if your boat is like mine it's the one on the left in the picture by the speedo wheel. They sell an in-line hookup for a garden hose that you would install between the thru-hull and the v-drive to make it easy to connect a garden hose to, it has a check valve in it so you don't send water out the bottom of the boat when you are running it on land.
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's next???)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420