Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    May be worth giving them a call. there very helpful.
    I agree. They are always very helpful and I've purchased a good many things through them. My thinking was that they wouldn't quite have the selection of someone like Summit, and they'd likely be a little bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Endo View Post
    I was surprised by the machine shop that did my work. Priced parts through them and they were lower than summit and jegs with no shipping costs.
    That's a good thought. I'll definitely ask my machine shop. The only thing is I don't know if they're familiar with marine or not. Maybe they are and know exactly what to get.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    No reason to really buy a kit -- just buy the individual sets and make your own. The only thing that really makes sense to buy as a set are the crank/bearings and the cam/lifters.
    I agree. And no kit has just the parts I need, so I was looking to get something like a ring kit (comes with all the gaskets, rings, and bearings), and then add lifters. But it's no big deal if they don't have a kit, I just need the right parts.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Note that for raw water cooling I generally use marine gaskets for anything that touches water, such as head and intake gaskets. If not using marine, use care to determine there is raw steel in the gasket that coolant touches.
    I'm intending to use marine gaskets. If I were just needing a pan gasket, or gaskets for the accessories, I'd just get automotive. From what I understand there is a difference between some of the intakes where some have rectangular ports and some have oval. I think that's my biggest thing to make sure I get the right set.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Well, I just got in deeper. A couple of my pistons are shot, so I'm adding new pistons to the list. I was hoping to keep this just a refresh and the costs low, but I'll be putting in at least a new set of pistons too. I'm headed to the machine shop tomorrow.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I highly recommend putting exhaust valves in it also
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001