Default Chasing the Dream

Some of us on here go back a few years and so I feel like some of you old timers are my extended family. That said, I'll share some news that could be of interest . . .

Just last month my 19 year-old son decided that he would withdraw from engineering classes at WVU to pursue his dream in the wakeboarding and boating world. He is moving to Charlotte, NC in just a few short weeks and will be attending the boat shows, interviewing with boat dealers, and then going to the Water Sports Industry Association conference in CO in February. He has been offered a spot on a local Mastercraft dealer's wakeboard team so he will be riding often and begin competing in the INT league this summer. Needless to say, I just can't wait to see where all this takes him!

I have two other sons, one older and one younger. The former in his first year of med school at WVU and the latter a senior in high school that is set to begin at WVU in the fall. I sure am proud of each of them . . . each in their own way. Life is an adventure, and we're along for the ride!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Sounds like you have a great crew there! I congratulate you for that does not happen without a lot of effort on the parents part.
    You deserve to be very proud!

Nice to hear that you are such a supportive parent! All the best!

Default Chasing the Dream

That's awesome Clint. I look forward to hearing how that goes. Please keep us updated.

It's also so nice to see parents supporting their kids in chasing their dreams. Those of us with a few years under our belts understand that happiness in life is enjoying what you do. It sounds like you're supporting that concept in raising your kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

That's neat. For some reason, at least these days, I don't think enough of my peers really go after their dream; a lot of my friends that range in the same age bracket (I'm 22) simply get drawn into doing what society/parents tells them to do (4 years of college) and not even end up applying their degree to their career path they end up pursuing.

I find myself in the same predicament as your son, only with two years left until I achieve my Bachelor's degree. I have come upon the strong urge to set out what I really want to do and find myself enjoying, the boating industry, yet find myself in the dilemma if I should finish or not. Time is of the essence, I essentially feel.

That's awesome with your son, and best of luck to him. I'm sure he's going to tear it up!
    Last edited by MCObray; 01-19-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Finish your degree. They don't get you what you want, they enable you to get what you want. Your 22 and a junior in college, how does being 35-40 with kids and a junior in college? Not fun. Thank god I had the peer pressure to start and finish on time. I've been debating starting my masters but keep holding off because kids and family are more important to me right now, I don't think I could even consider starting a bachelor's even with internet based schools (yuck).
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001