Default 1989 supra SPEEDO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE LENS ON ONE OF THE GAUGES

I have a 1989 supra with bad lens on one of the speedo's, can these be repaired?
    Or are there any used good gauges out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnb View Post
    I have a 1989 supra with bad lens on one of the speedo's, can these be repaired?
    Or are there any used good gauges out there?
    Yes do a search. I posted a link for a website that sell rebuild kits and also upgrade kits.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

thanks for the info I will check into it

Go to your auto parts store and get a head light referb. kit. It will have instructions on how to do it. I had to fix me tack gage that way, it work great.

I am redoing my whole interior including the dash. Both speedo's were full of white chalky stuff and they just didn't look like they would work... So instead of replacing them I decided to build an insert for the center of the dash that I could inlay a Garmin GPS. This should give me a more accurate speed and give the dash a much needed update. It was tough to rewrap the vinyl after adding the extra angles but it looks good.
    I left the original holes for the mechanical speedo's so it can be converted back just in case I change my mind later.

Quote Originally Posted by speeronline View Post
    I am redoing my whole interior including the dash. Both speedo's were full of white chalky stuff and they just didn't look like they would work... So instead of replacing them I decided to build an insert for the center of the dash that I could inlay a Garmin GPS. This should give me a more accurate speed and give the dash a much needed update. It was tough to rewrap the vinyl after adding the extra angles but it looks good.
    I left the original holes for the mechanical speedo's so it can be converted back just in case I change my mind later.
    Do you have any pictures? I would like to check it out. Thanks!