Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Pass

I'm pretty sure I am the friend that suggested replacing the tach instead of one of the speedos. As shown in Hagmans boat it just looks better and makes more sense to replace the useless single tach and still preserve the symmetrical classic dash look. Especially since the pp unit comes with a tach.

My Sunsport dash

Hagmans dash

Yes Mike, you're the one that suggested replacing the tack. I didn't want to out you without permission What I want is a stock boat with all the capabilities of the new boats. Obviously thats not the way it usually goes in this life. My dash is the same as yours and the PP will fit nicely in the old tach position. Thanks for the suggestion. It was good seeing you at the boat show, wish we could have stayed longer. Cheers.
    1991 SunSport

I considered RideSteady but at the time they only had the basic single line display so I went with PP. If I was doing it again I'd go with RideSteady as they now have a better display which shows more information than PP and support a system with both GPS and paddlewheel. I went with paddlewheel only PP as I primarily ride on a tidal river so there's always a current and it's always changing. RideSteady looks like a better deal. I will say PP has good tech support and warranty, no experience with RideSteady but haven't heard anything bad.