Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

The wife started the seat vinyl, again what started as a patch and repair has turned into a full restoration. I decided to get rid of the gay pride strips and go with a late 80s look. Lite gray vinyl navy blue piping navy blue carpet. I hope she doesn't get done before I finish the floor?

HUGE improvement. Looks nice! I know it's a stretch, but I'm hoping you get it done in time for the Southern Supra Reunion.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Yeah, good choice on the blue/gray.

I'm so on the fence on doing this with my saltare. I suck terribly at wood work. Hell I'm trying to just make sure I don't mess up the doghouse base. Something I know most of you could knock out in 20 minutes.

I would love to see the Comp, but I like the Sunny more. I wanna see that at the reunion.

The dog house base is no small job I just finished one on a newer Supra all four corners were rounded all the wood had to be back cut and bent to match the cover.

I like the colors Mike. Hope you get it done for the reunion so I can finally ski behind the legendary Comp. Besides, your Sunsport is so beautiful it will just make me feel wretched if I have to park next to it
    1991 SunSport

Quote Originally Posted by inair View Post
    I like the colors Mike. Hope you get it done for the reunion so I can finally ski behind the legendary Comp. Besides, your Sunsport is so beautiful it will just make me feel wretched if I have to park next to it
    I do believe a comp will be making the reunion. So bring your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    I do believe a comp will be making the reunion. So bring your ski.
    This is almost a verified fact. Laura just said, "I really think we should trailer our boat all the way there and back." I'm going to hold her to it, and later regret the gas bill but know that it will all be worth it in the end. I'll have my skis as well. Oh yeah, I have a 40 foot rule for judging my boat.

'86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

There's no boat judging. Only boat enjoyment.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    The wife started the seat vinyl, again what started as a patch and repair has turned into a full restoration. I decided to get rid of the gay pride strips and go with a late 80s look. Lite gray vinyl navy blue piping navy blue carpet. I hope she doesn't get done before I finish the floor?

I have only sewn a little vinyl here and there. What kind of sewing mahcine did your wife use? anything commercial rated of just s
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

She works part time for a marine cover and interior shop . She has a Consew industrial machine with walking foot. I also built her a 17 foot long work table in the basement.