Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Nice work indeed, it's great to see another survive.

I've been watching thread from the start you and your wife have done a grate job bring anther one of these classic boats back to life. She is good for at least 30 or more years. I hope when it comes time to let her go you can find her a new new home with an owner that will take care of her and love her like most of us on this forum would.ron in his boat.JPG

Looks great! Interesting approach to the foam, seems like a good idea though for a foam boat as you can shape it how you want for drainage. Thanks for documenting the process.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I just cleaned the engine removed the manifolds and gave it 2-3 coats of high temp silver. I never intended to make a show boat if not for the oil leaks I would not have done it. I have a friend on the CC forum that specializes in reproducing the OE stickers on old Correct Crafts. Since the engines are the same so are the stickers. I have an extra set of the PCM and Tune up specs found on the valve covers cost is 12.00 for both.
    Where can I buy those stickers?

You can contact Marty at [email protected] tell him you want the engine decals for a 351 PCM engine.

Thanks, Michael!

I have been taking a break from the comp project out of frustration . It is done except for the rub rail insert. I am having trouble getting it to seat in the upper and lower groves. Its crazy after all this work to be stopped cold by the last thing . If anyone has any suggestions or methods to install the rub rail let me know .

when I did mine I had the boat and the insert setting in the hot North Carolina sun for a while. Then I inserted the rail and tapped the insert with a rubber mallet to seat it and it seemed to go in pretty easy.

I haven't done it, but I would think a heat gun would help a lot.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

You can put it in a box with a work light and let it stay awhile or heat it with a heat gun to make it soft.
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454