Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SA350 or SC350?

Default SA350 or SC350?

Hey guys, new member here. I currently have a malibu and I'm really leaning toward trading it in on one of the new supras. I know these are new models so the reviews will be few, but anyone have any experience with these boats? Also, how is the reliability with supra? I've had great luck with my malibu. My main reason for the switch is the rough water ride of the supra. My malibu beats us up on choppy days!

Thanks!

I have not had the chance to ride in either of them. But I did cruise through both at the boat show and for me I would pick the SC. Mainly because I am not a huge fan of the bow on the SA and I really liked the way everything was laid out in the SC. The SC had tons of storage space mainly due to how high the freeboard is. Rinkers is having an open house tomorrow, it would be a good time to go and check them out if you haven't already.
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's next???)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

Easiest thing to do would be to buy both, then give me the one you like least!

Out of the SA and SC the SC will handle the best in rough water.

I'm waiting for the demo ride when the weather gets warmer. The SA appears to sit lower in the water. It looks like it would be a lot easier to take a wave/wake over the bow. The SC appears to sit higher.

From what I hear, they 'track' very well in turns - both models.

The SA has more bow room. The SC appears a lot smaller than my 22' SSV.

Both appear to have nice standard upgrades from earlier models - snap in cockpit carpet in the main area, Roswell tower is very tight/does not rattle, drivers seat is setup nice/nice features, controls & switches are a good layout, Jabsco Pumps (3), plumbing is done well, good storage - lots of storage, cooler, trash can.

I could do w/o the Polk Audio. The tower speakers swivel - that was nice.

According to my local dealer, the new surf system was not standard, but was free at the boat show.

I would add 750# sacs to the back lockers. I think 400# are standard. This boat had 400#s. Comes with lots of weight - hard tanks and ballast bags that sit on top of them. Looks high enough for 1100#s.

I would also add LEDs to the back - under the surf platform. The boat I was on today did not have them. It had the LED lights in the cockpit and cup holders area to match the boat color.

One item I did not understand. On the back seats - there were 3 pads to sit on. The left and right pad could be lifted and removed. The center pad (over the transmission) had HINGES on the pad - one on each side. You could not lift and remove that seat pad. It rotated forward. Does anyone know why you would want a seat with a hinge?

Mark
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 02-21-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna try and go check them out tomorrow.

I bought an SA 350 last year. We specifically demoed it on a rough day. I did not get water over the bow. I have 4 large sons who all sit in the bow and I find the SA allows me to have the bow full of kids or friends and still a ton of room in the back for everyone else. In my 20 hours on the boat so far, I have only gotten water in the front once. That happened with 5 people in front and too tight of a turn around after a surfer went down. If I had the swell, that would not have been possible. Also, 5 in front when you want weight in the back isn't how you would normally ride anyway.

The SC is great also. I prefer the SA because it does has lower side walls so the ride on the lake is just incredible it just feels fast. It tracks amazing. I am a very large guy and it kicks out an awesome wake for me.

I went for the worlds edition and added some extras. I am a huge fan of the strobe light underwater and heater. I consider them must haves for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSurfer View Post
    I bought an SA 350 last year. We specifically demoed it on a rough day. I did not get water over the bow. I have 4 large sons who all sit in the bow and I find the SA allows me to have the bow full of kids or friends and still a ton of room in the back for everyone else. In my 20 hours on the boat so far, I have only gotten water in the front once. That happened with 5 people in front and too tight of a turn around after a surfer went down. If I had the swell, that would not have been possible. Also, 5 in front when you want weight in the back isn't how you would normally ride anyway.

The SC is great also. I prefer the SA because it does has lower side walls so the ride on the lake is just incredible it just feels fast. It tracks amazing. I am a very large guy and it kicks out an awesome wake for me.

I went for the worlds edition and added some extras. I am a huge fan of the strobe light underwater and heater. I consider them must haves for fun.

My comment is just going from the videos. I have not been on one. There was a world's edition boat in the same cove at the end of the summer.

It appears to sit low. I'm guessing there is a bunch of weight here

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just curious, why would you not be considering the new Malibu 23? I seen it at the boat show yesterday and I was impressed. Plus it was going for under $100k, I was shocked that is lower than a Supra. I think all the newer boats are going to the deaper v for better ride in choppy water. FYI - By no means I am dissing on neither Supra boat you are considering, I am sure they are great boats!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron187 View Post
    Just curious, why would you not be considering the new Malibu 23? I seen it at the boat show yesterday and I was impressed. Plus it was going for under $100k, I was shocked that is lower than a Supra. I think all the newer boats are going to the deaper v for better ride in choppy water. FYI - By no means I am dissing on neither Supra boat you are considering, I am sure they are great boats!

The new LSV is very nice, but I like the Supra a little better for a few reasons.
    -In the SC we demo'd it felt very deep and handled the chop remarkably. With the trim plate I was able to adjust the trim to get the ride just right in the chop. In the malibu you have to fill ballast to do that.

-I love that the supra's have redundant switches for every function on the boat. I don't like relying on only touch screens for everything.

-The supra dealer has been great and I feel that we are getting a much better deal on the supra. The dealer is also much closer to my house, so if I need to drop it off, its not a big deal.

-Most of all....The wife liked the Supra way more. Decision made!