Default 1999 Supra Legacy. Anyone have any info on this engine?

IMG_0033.jpgIMG_0032.jpgIMG_0031.jpg

I'm having a hard time finding info on this motor, as the manual that I got from the previous owner only covers carbureted engines. Google has been some help though. Is this the Corvette LT-1? Throttle body or Port injected? Any opinions on it? I'm looking to replace a few things before the season starts and want to be sure I'm ordering parts for the right motor. The title says it has 325hp. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a Corvette LT1 based Indmar. The intake on yours looks to be taller. Also LT1 water pumps are driven by the cam and the distributor isn't in the rear of the engine its called a optispark and is located below the water pump on the front of the engine. It's definitely port injection. It may be a aftermarket system similar to GM's Ramjet system that was added by a previous owner 2014-02-22 18.37.22.jpg
    Last edited by ssa; 02-22-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    1995 Supra Sunsport 454

Thanks for the reply! It'll definitely help point me in the right direction. I thought it may be the Corvette LT-1 because those are the only motors I have seen that have an intake system that resembles mine. But now that I compare the two side by side there are some pretty obvious differences, as you mentioned. Thanks again. Guess I can't get any of those cool Corvette covers, damn!

Was bored looking around internet this morning found additional info on your engine. Ran across pic of intake like yours went to thread about it and found post from someone stating they were a Indmar technican that less than fifty of those engines were built by Indmar over a 2 year period. The second pic is a screen shot of his post listing some of the specs on the motor. Hope it helps.2014-02-23 07.40.29.jpg2014-02-23 07.39.11.jpg
    1995 Supra Sunsport 454

Very cool ssa! Thanks a bunch. Had no idea it was that rare, but that helps a lot. I actually looked back at the title and it does say 345hp on it, not 325. That red manifold is SWEET!

Not sure if this will help or not but the GM automotive part number for that ramjet intake set up is 12498032. They use it on a crate engine (12499120) that has the same specs as your engine. If you can't find much info I can email you what I've got.
    1990 COMP
    PCM 351
    1.23:1 TRANS