Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WANTED - Late 90's or early 2000's Supra

Our beloved 1994 Supra Sunsport was totaled after the roof on our pole barn collapsed from all the snow in this crazy winter. Total bummer, loved that boat.

Looking for a Supra newer than what we had, so late 90's or early 2000 model. Located in the Midwest. May travel for the right boat.

If anyone knows of anything available, please let me know, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

By totaled, how bad? That's awful to hear man, and that looks like a gorgeous Sunsport too. Why does that always happen to the guys who take care of their boats, and not the ones who leave them to rot?

Welcome to the forum by the way. I know I've had good luck searching on http://www.searchtempest.com/. It searches all of Craigslist, and not just your area. Just type in what you are looking for, your zip and how far you are willing to drive and it will pull it up. It is February though, and I've been hunting a boat for a buddy. There aren't many out there right now. But come March/April it should fill up fast.

Good luck

Yeah, cracked the hull. Tires popped right off the trailer. We've had it for about 9 years, lot of good memories. Not a good sight! Gonna try and salvage some parts once the snow melts.

Thanks for the tip! Haven't heard of that website. I'll start researching. Appreciate it.

Alot of your parts are probably sought after. If you can't save the hull, and aren't planning on getting another of that type, please post up what's still good. I'm sure there are people here who would buy certain parts you might have. If the windshield is in tact, that's one for sure.

Hows the motor? 351w with GT-40 heads?

Quote Originally Posted by pete23 View Post
    Our beloved 1994 Supra Sunsport was totaled after the roof on our pole barn collapsed from all the snow in this crazy winter. Total bummer, loved that boat.

Looking for a Supra newer than what we had, so late 90's or early 2000 model. Located in the Midwest. May travel for the right boat.

If anyone knows of anything available, please let me know, thanks!
    Keep your eyes open on CL in March/April/May. Boat shows are going on, so people will be thinking to trade-up. Feb is boring month for everything, snow has most of the country waiting for that warmer weather to start changing attitudes and moving boats from winter storage.

I bought my Supra from a MasterCraft dealer. Someone traded it in Apr/May once it came out of a winter storage garage. Lots of dealers use this to push boats.

Mark

Looking for parts, let me know when available
    Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    alot of your parts are probably sought after. If you can't save the hull, and aren't planning on getting another of that type, please post up what's still good. I'm sure there are people here who would buy certain parts you might have. If the windshield is in tact, that's one for sure.

Hows the motor? 351w with gt-40 heads?

Engine is a Ford 5.8L 351. Runs great. I'll take a better look at all the parts we can salvage once the snow melts and I can take the cover off. Still too dangerous to be rummaging around inside the barn.

I will post once a get a better idea.

Man, that sounds rough. Well keep us posted, I'm sure there is a lot you can part out and we can all buy. That will at least help ya with the burden of the loss. Just like an organ donor, she'll live on in other boats.

Interested in parts once it's safe to enter. Specifically swim platform.
    Thanks - Chris
    [email protected]

I would be interested in rudder and rudder box, that is a shame to hear about that boat looks gorgeous sorry for your loss.