Default Getting old swim pad off!

I purchased the orginal swimdeck for my 90 comp. The old swim pad is sun baked on there and grey and all cracked. I have hit it will a sander and if i continue could take weeks. Has anyone removed 14 year old pad and if so what worked for you?

thanks,

I did my 98 last year. Mine peeled off ok but I had to take a razor blade to the glue and chunks of mat that I couldn't get by peeling. I also soaked it with goo-gone and let that sit for a bit to soak in, ended up not being to bad. I wasn't worried all that much about scratching the surface or anything seeing how a new pad was going back over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a 2007 with no pad and tons of glue. I used three bottle of goof off and a putty knife and razor blade. Scratched a couple of places when I got in a hurry but when the new pad arrives it will cover it up.

Nail polish remover takes the glue off easy

Don't use acetone. Pick up some 3m decal and adhesive remover. Soak a rag in it and lay it on the adhesive to soak in for about 30 minutes. Use a soft plastic putty knife to scrape I to a pile to pick up.