Default Radio Replacement Help

First post here so thanks in advance for your help. Bought a used 2009 SunSport 24V. The windshield had a leak and water contaminated the radio circuit board. Pulled the radio and sent for repair. Can't be fixed. No parts available. The faceplate is unique to the boat and dash and not the standard stuff you see at Crutchfield, etc. It is a Kenwood radio and Kicker amp.

Any ideas how to retro fit a different radio and still retain the factory plastic faceplate or a modification ?

Thanks

What model was used in that year? Wasnt the head-unit in the glove box with remote on the helm, or was it the black-box type unit with the remote on the dash. Either way, both were in a recess on the helm, correct?

Can you or anyone get some pics posted? Sometimes its easier to get some ideas once theres a visual.

Next question, do you need AM/FM/CD, etc, from a traditional head-unit? Or relocate the actual head-unit to the glove box and install an LCD remote on the helm.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

The cool thing about radios in the last 20 years is that they all fit the same "single stack" slots. So any radio should fit. But, like Michael points out, the best choice will be the same brand, so your remotes will be compatible.

I am still learning about my Supra...but it sounds like marine radios have the hard wired remotes, like for the transom. If you have no hard wired remotes, then you are not limited to just marine radios.

if his radio is like the one that was in my 2007 24SSV GG, it's a 400MR, with a display remote that's molded into the trim on the panel that houses some OEM buttons for gauge controls and PP controls.

I saw a pic somewhere the other day where someone mounted a Clarion remote over the hole (or partial square) from the OEM remote. Doing that, t
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery