Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Yeah...too expensive if you add the side bar.

I ended up buying a monster tower...I don't love them aesthetically, but their reputation, coupled with the fact that they are anodized instead of just polished and that I could buy it from a brick and mortar location ended up selling me on it.

Went with the MT2 package (racks, tow light, and mirror) and cargo bimini. Also ordered the mirror adapter so I could buy a cipa 180

Default Tower decision..help me out here

Pics when you get it on for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great choice, I'll be curious how you like it. I was skeptical of Monster because they were so cheap, and I'd always see them on crappy boats. But we installed a few last year and I put one on my boat, and I am truly impressed. It does NOT rattle, and my boat isn't exactly perfect, in terms of torsional rigidity, with the original structure. It folds down easily by myself, it's not heavy. I can't think of another tower that's so easy to collapse and put up solo, including the newer MasterCraft towers with the hydraulic-assist piston (not the fully powered ones, obviously). I even like the look, it matches the curves of the supra well, in my opinion. Also, excellent customer service.

The one thing I think that's seriously lacking is the option for a light integrated into the tow point. I added my own, because the one they offer isn't all that great, in my opinion.

Two more images. The nice thing with the light I used, is it can swivel down, which is good for storage but also you can swivel it straight down if you want to light up the interior of the boat from above. I put a $5 LED bulb in a regular fixture, rather than paying about $120 for the SAME EXACT LIGHT with a built in LED.

What nav light did you install?
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

I used this Perko light fixture and I cut the tube down so it is JUST above the tow point. I put in an LED bulb from superbrightleds.com for $5.95 (plus shipping I guess). Here's a link to the actual bulb, I think I got the "warm white" color. While I was at it, I put in an LED bulb in place of the one in the bow light. Much cheaper than replacing the whole light fixture!

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    I used this Perko light fixture and I cut the tube down so it is JUST above the tow point. I put in an LED bulb from superbrightleds.com for $5.95 (plus shipping I guess). Here's a link to the actual bulb, I think I got the "warm white" color. While I was at it, I put in an LED bulb in place of the one in the bow light. Much cheaper than replacing the whole light fixture!
    I did this EXACT same mod to my tower a few years ago. High five!

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.