Default Water Cooling hose I.D. and length for 1987 Sunsport f351?

I have some dried out water cooling hose in my 1987 Sunsport with a 351 but don't know the I.D. or section lengths to order. Is there anyone that has these handy so I don't have to cut the shrink wrap off and measure?

Wow, I thought someone would have responded by now. I didn't want to say anything until I confirmed it for myself, I was just on my '84 Rider and all the water hoses from pickup to pump are 1". I doubt yours would be different. Lengths OTOH, you're on your own there, but I would just buy a whack of it and cut to length as needed. I may in fact do that myself, but next year I think.

Give Skidim a call (803) 345-0996. They will be able to tell you everything you need to know and take your order over the phone. Good folks there and very knowledgeable.
    1991 SunSport

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it's 1" also. I was going to get it through Skidim anyways, so I'll see what they say.

I meant to measure mine this weekend and forgot. I believe it is 1". I would suggest getting an extra 6' or so, it can be your designated "run it off the hose" hose. Just take off the water intake hose from the tranny cooler, stick the extra hose on the tranny cooler with a hose clamp and shove the garden hose in the other end with a hose clamp. Just prime the hose with water before you start it so that the impeller doesn't suck air and potentially shred, and boom you have a fake-a-lake.

I've found it really easy and convenient. Side/safety note: I keep that extra 6' of hose with the hose clamps in the back ski locker. Just in some crazy worst-case scenario of the boat taking on crazy amounts of water...hook up that other hose and your engine will be the best bilge pump you've ever seen.

Never thought of the worst case scenario hose, I like it! I pretty much do the same for a fake fake-a-lake...

Just for reference, I did a bunch of poking around, and in my area the only stuff I can buy from any of my normal industrial suppliers in small qty is marine exhaust hose, so at 10 bucks a foot I just bought enough to repair the one bad hose I have and install the strainer.

However if you can find a place that retails by the foot, this stuff meets all the requirements, it'll take both pressure and suction and handle heat as well, 2.44/ft

https://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/product/00354089/Gates+4230-0150+1Xbl+1+4230T/en?category=Hose+%26+Fittings>Industrial+Hose>PVC+ %26+Rubber+Industrial+Hose>Rubber+or+PVC