Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2001 Sunsport ballast and switch questions

I recently purchased a 2001 Sunsport and have a number of questions about it. I'm trying to figure out some of the switches (see picture below). There is one that says "heater" but there is only one wire attached to it and it goes from the switch to F1 or F2 on the circuit board under the dash. The other switch I am confused about is the "Trim up/down". It also only has one wire going to it and it goes to F1 or F2 on the circuit board. I didn't have a meter with me, so I didn't try to figure out which was which. "Accessory" I assume can be wired to be whatever you want. Any ideas what these do? They don't seem to do anything when I flip them. If trim up/down has something to do with the wake plate, that would not make sense, because I have a manual one.

Other big question is ballast. I have what looks to be the factory hard ballast tank under the rear seat. How do you fill/drain this? I don't see a switch for it, and it looks like there are two places for hoses to be connected, but there are none. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

01suprasunsport (1).jpg01suprasunsport (4).jpg20140330_163142.jpg20140330_163206.jpg20140330_164356.jpg

Id assume that the wire going to those switches would be for a lighted switch if you had those accessories. If you don't have a heater, and have a manual wake plate, then those switches won't do anything. They may just have a hot wire going to them so they can be used if you had the accessory.

As for the hard tank, not sure. Did those come with a ballast option? It's not the gas tank is it?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Zim is likely right, they aren't hooked up to anything. If you have a factory hard tank that is a bit weird that there's no pump/switch for it. Fwiw, My v drive had the rear tanks hooked to the heater switch.

Oh, and the acc wasn't hooked to anything. The trim up down wasn't hooked to anything either.

Thanks guys, it does look like it's probably just a hot wire, they are red. I'm pretty sure it's a ballast tank. If you look at the last picture, you see two separate tanks. Front I believe is ballast rear is gas.

Is there a pump or two or a through hull anywhere?

There is something on the side of the hull that I'm not sure what it is, but I can't find a pick up on the bottom of the hull. It'd be sweet if someone that had a launch ss or something similar could show me how theirs is set up

I have the same boat. It is set up like yours - switch for heater (but no heater installed), switch for trim tab (but mine is a manual trim tab) and I have ballast tanks under the rear seat that have never plumbed in. The fitting on the side of the hull is the discharge for your bilge pump.

2001 Supra Sunsport DD

Have you ever tried, or wanted to plumb it? The fitting I was talking about is at the rear of the boat on the side. It's black.

I've never tried to plumb it in but have thought about, just haven't had the time to do it yet. The only other fitting I have is at the rear passenger side which is the gas tank vent.

2001 Supra Sunsport DD

By the way - good looking boat. I've always liked yellow and blue combinations.

2001 Supra Sunsport DD