Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hey Mike

Nice looking wave. Been reading a lot about how your swim platform can effect the surf wake. I took off the railing on the edge of my swin platform and used AZEK plastic wood to take the 1 inch lip off the bottom of the corners on the deck. Going out tomorrow too see what it does if anything at all. Then I will be trying either a homemade surfgate or nss system. Here are some pics of the swim platform. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Taking the lip off is a great idea. How did you secure it? What kind of condition is your railing in? Would you consider selling it? The previous owner of mine backed it into something and put a big dent in the rail... I'd like to replace mine.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Great idea, Cyrus. Interested to see how that works out!

Hi Mike

I used lag bolts where there were already holes in the swim platform then drilled one extra hole on the backside of the swim platform. Went out 3 days in a row. The wave does have a cleaner face so for the $30 and my time I feel like it was worth it. I'm going to hold onto the railing for resale purposes. Here is some video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InBY8-PEiqg

2007 Supra Launch 20SSV
    Around 900lb left rear
    400lb center
    Roughly 400lb bow
    Board : ronin duke 6'1

Lookin' good there! Your board is pretty big too!

Last weekend I was at the Ozarks and found that the best wave I got as to have my 750lb bag full in the rear locker, had one person on the deck on rope duty, another in the back corner, another back middle, then had my center sack filled, with another 400lb bag filled in the center on the floor of my bow with one other girl up in the bow on the surf side. Nice and long, and very steep. When I don't have all the people, I have an extra 400lb bag to move around the boat, but could probably benefit from 2 of those bricks to move around on seats as well to take the place of people.

For the size, these boats do pretty well when it comes to a surf wave, that's for sure!

Also just ordered a new board. I've been on a CWB tsunami.. 4'6" board, and called the guys at Doomswell to make me a custom board. Went with the Bigstep since i'm a little heavier and got my custom scheme all set up on a 4 fin setup. Now just playing the waiting game for it to be handmade, painted, glassed, and delivered. Hope I get it before the end of the summer haha.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V