Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevkev View Post
    $30 for an additional 350#'s if fully filled is not money wasted in my opinion. You can always fill the bag like a 750, but you can't fill a 750 to 1100. If it were say $100 more, I would agree with you that 750 would be enough.
    I didnt realize they were only 30 bucks more. Definitely worth it then.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Hi Mike

Yesterday was the first day out will the new ballast and prop. The water temp is still below 55 degrees so till then I won't know how the wake will surf. But that being said the wake is huge, much bigger then I ever thought it would be. The boat gets on plane right away with the new prop. Thanks for all the advice! That goes out to Kev too.

I will post videos as soon as we can get in water and surf.

Cy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Hi Mike

Yesterday was the first day out will the new ballast and prop. The water temp is still below 55 degrees so till then I won't know how the wake will surf. But that being said the wake is huge, much bigger then I ever thought it would be. The boat gets on plane right away with the new prop. Thanks for all the advice! That goes out to Kev too.

I will post videos as soon as we can get in water and surf.

Cy
    Good to hear... how full did the 1100 lbs bags get for you? I assume the filled the locker entirely
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I'd say they were only at 70% and that filled up the locker almost entirely. But I'm guessing you could get to around 80-85% but the boat was sitting really low in the water already at 70% fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    I'd say they were only at 70% and that filled up the locker almost entirely. But I'm guessing you could get to around 80-85% but the boat was sitting really low in the water already at 70% fill.
    I bet it was. The most I've had in the rear was my 400lb bag full with another 750 on top of it. The 750 actually pushed the water out the drain hole of the 400lb bag, so I'm not sure how much was actually in there, but this was how my boat sat, and the wake follows. The boat throws a solid wave with enough weight. I was surprised.

Big Difference compared to this....

Last edited by Zim; 05-13-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I have a 20V with 750lbs bags and can almost completely fill them...

So we got there and it was cold but fun. Had the 1100lb in the back about 75% filled the 400lb filled in the ski locker and the trim at 3/4 speed at 9.5-10mph. Two bikini ladies in the bow and two buddies on the wake side bench. I got some good time behind the boat ropeless. The wake is super close to the boat I actually touch the boat twice with he nose of my board. And I mean the boat not the swim platform. The wake really needs some length and just a little more push. It's almost there I'm sure a couple trips out there and we will get it dialed in. Here's a link to a YouTube video from that day. The first guy is my buddy who surfs all the time and he goes ropeless the second guy was his first time on any sorts of surfboard and didn't really get the hang of it.

http://youtu.be/G4ml1LmWb18

speed the boat up a bit or lower the wakeplate a little if you want to lengthen your wave out
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Ordered my 750 bags today... pretty pumped to get those babies in there. Surf without 7 peoplein the boat.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Those 750's sure helped! Going to add some more weight up front to see if I can get a bit longer of a pocket, but holy crap was the wave big.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V