Default 83 Supra Beast stringers??

Hay everyone!!! Spring has FINALLY sprung here n Chicago, and it's time for me to put in my required yearly work into my boat ...
    So, this years job list includes,,- Last fall my impeller failed, and I ran the engine red hot for a while, not its 'ticking', sounds like a bent valve stem... wonderful.. While i have the engine out to investigate the extent of the injuries, I thought I'd check out the stringers. I have a 83 Supra Beast 454- Do I have wood stringers or fiberglass(fingers crossed)..
    Thanks in advance
    -Brian

In 1983 Supra made all the boats with wooden stringers. The good news is that some were made better than others and have lasted a good long time. Eventually they will have to be replaced but maybe not yet. Good luck with your inspection and engine project
    1991 SunSport

Well Engines out,, and good news for once! only a lifter went bad, and the heads are good!! - So I replaced the cam and lifters, and that's it! - I was throwing around the idea of trying to get a few more horsepower out of my 454,, but all the pros were very strongly against it.. power increase would be barely noticeable, and once you start screwing with a known good engine you're bound to do more harm than good.
    Now I need to find out if my stringers are good.. Is there any way to find out if they're rotten besides looking at the engine mount Lag-bolt holes???

You have some very good engine people with good advice. Look for any cracks in the glass along the stringer . If you find cracks a small 1/8'' test hole can be drilled to see what the wood that comes off the bit looks like. Take a small hammer or wrench and tap on the stringer as far as you can listen for changes in the sound . It should be solid like tapping on a table if it sounds hollow you have a problem.