Default Surf the Bull - Wake Surfing Competition

Just thought I would pass this along if anyone is interested:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/257759164403493/

Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock is bringing you the first Amateur Wake-Surfing Competition on Bull Shoals Lake. RIDE THE BULL.

Sponsors will be: CWB Boards... Inlandsurfer,.... & Liquid Force

Friday June 20th - CWB will be sponsoring a Learn to Surf and SUP Demo. Come out to meet CWB & get some practice in with a great company and experienced riders!

State a Mind Watersports will be out with their famous t-shirt launcher!https://www.stateamind.com/

Saturday June 21st - Ride the Bull Contest. Prizes will be for the best Wipe Out, Oldest Surfer, Youngest Surfer, Most family members to ride, Tandem SUP Surfing, and the Main Event Longest Time to ride without a Rope!

Longest Ride Winner will be paid out to 1st 2nd and 3rd place. You will be towed by a top of the line boat provided to you by Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock. More details coming soon!

Shotgun Divorce will be performing LIVE on the water! Come out and support one of our greatest local bands!

Award Ceremony will be held shortly after the Last competitor rides.

$25.00 entry fee to compete

Rules :
    -Timer will start immediately after you let go of the rope.
    -Timer will stop once both feet have left the board.
    -Coast Guard Approved vest must be worn while surfing.
    -You may use your own board or one will be provided.
    -Interference calls (debris in the water, crowd members, object thrown etc.) This will give the rider another shot at riding. Only called by designated officials.

Failure to follow rules leads to disqualification

Sweeeeet!!! I may try to come down and do some camping/boating for this. Probably won't compete, but I'll take a weekend for sure.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Awesome, hit me up if you do!

I think we are going to try and come down this weekend we try to make a trip to bull shoals at least once a year.
    I am trying to figure a cabin or some type of room to rent. We plan on coming down late on Wednesday the 18th and staying till Sunday the 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by wolff View Post
    I think we are going to try and come down this weekend we try to make a trip to bull shoals at least once a year.
    I am trying to figure a cabin or some type of room to rent. We plan on coming down late on Wednesday the 18th and staying till Sunday the 22nd
    I just came from there. We stayed up north on the MO side at Theodosia marina resort. They have an assortment of cabins you can rent. Nice place, calm water everywhere, low price.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Check Gaston's Resort on the White River. It's a nice place and about 10 minutes from the Bull Shoals Dam. They are nice cabins and the location is the best around.

How was it Brad?
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

It was good! My wife actually won the women's division so I was very proud of her. I fell twice in my second set trying to pull a 360 behind the Axis Surfgate. I wasn't happy with the wake and I ended up falling too many times. There were a total of around 20 competitors and around 20 boats watching. Overall a great day and I got to meet another Supra Forum member (Wolff) so I was glad of that! Wolff has a mean stereo and I got to hear it first hand. I think I will be installing the Wetsounds Rev10's next year!