Default Bluetooth Receiver for 2006 21V

I'm looking into replacing my stock Kenwood kts-mp400mr receiver in my 2006 21V. The objective is to get a updated receiver with bluetooth. Any suggestions on a receiver that would work with those oddball dimensions?

Thanks
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Quote Originally Posted by SZEH View Post
    I'm looking into replacing my stock Kenwood kts-mp400mr receiver in my 2006 21V. The objective is to get a updated receiver with bluetooth. Any suggestions on a receiver that would work with those oddball dimensions?

Thanks
    Curious on this as well...

I thought about just buying a BT adapter that would conncect to a 3.5mm line in that you can connect to the CD changer input. That would be about 35-50 bucks depending on the unit, but the BT reception isn't always awesome so I've just stuck with a 3.5mm hard line. Works well if you haven't upgraded to that yet...
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I've been looking at the Fusion units. Haven't decided on anything for sure, yet.....
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Curious on this as well...

I thought about just buying a BT adapter that would connect to a 3.5mm line in that you can connect to the CD changer input. That would be about 35-50 bucks depending on the unit, but the BT reception isn't always awesome so I've just stuck with a 3.5mm hard line. Works well if you haven't upgraded to that yet...
    Mike...Thanks, but my hu doesn't have a 3.5mm input that I'm aware of. That would be ideal. The CD changer input has my current iPod 30 pin audio/charger plugged into it and I think it would be difficult to find a BT adapter with that same Kenwood plug unless you know of one. I may end up waiting until Clarion or Kenwood decide to put all the current technologies into a marine head unit the same size as the 400.
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

Quote Originally Posted by SZEH View Post
    Mike...Thanks, but my hu doesn't have a 3.5mm input that I'm aware of. That would be ideal. The CD changer input has my current iPod 30 pin audio/charger plugged into it and I think it would be difficult to find a BT adapter with that same Kenwood plug unless you know of one. I may end up waiting until Clarion or Kenwood decide to put all the current technologies into a marine head unit the same size as the 400.
    Yeah, you'd have to replace the ipod adapter. If you absolutely want bluetooth, this is what I've been considering:

Get this to replace the ipod plug/charge cord:
    http://www.amazon.com/KENWOOD-CABLE-...od+aux+adapter

Then get a BT module that plugs into that cord listed above. Something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Blue...receiver+3.5mm

You'd need a female to female adapter to connect the two cords:
    http://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale...d_bxgy_e_img_z

When you wanted to use the bluetooth, you'd just plug it in. When you want to use your ipod, you'd unplug the BT module and use your headphone jack on the ipod (can't control it thorugh the head unit this way though). Then either make sure everythings charged up before you go out, or bring a 12v charger to plug in (or even better... hardwire it) and you'll always have power.

That's the solution I've come up with to have Bluetooth with the stock head unit in there and still allow plugging phones/different devices in to play off them if needed.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post

That's the solution I've come up with to have Bluetooth with the stock head unit in there and still allow plugging phones/different devices in to play off them if needed.
    That sounds crazy enough it just might work! Now to update my Amazon account and start ordering!

THANKS!!!
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

When you look at the bluetooth units... check reviews and specs on them. If you find one you can hardwire so you don't have to deal with a battery, thats even better. You want one with good reception and range too.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I bought a simple Bluetooth transmitter that only needs a hot and ground and plugs into the AUX rca plugs from the stock unit cost 39.00 and it works great.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTRE...MIL-BTREC.html
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

pioneer makes a radio w/ bluetooth built in.. I just purchase one from my friend's shop for 100. Last month.

I run a Clarion CZ302 in my boat and a CZ500 in my jeep, they have built in bluetooth.