Default waiting for window

So the drivers side window on my 2009 supra 22ssv got smashed over winter and Ive ordered a new one through the dealer I bought it from which is not a supra dealer and it has been 3 months and they say the window is still not in. Im just wondering do you guys think its because the window is hard to get or is my dealer just taking there sweet time.

I would say it might be hard to get. Over the years I have found a lot of info on the Supra boats by doing my own personal research and I found this company that makes the windshields for the Supra: http://www.pcmw.ca

Hope it might help you out!

Curved windshields are notoriously hard to get. You're lucky that you can get one for your '09 at all! Companies that make them will typically only keep the tooling needed for making a particular style for a few years, then they disassemble it and use the equipment for new designs. It's just not worth keeping all this specialized equipment tied up for one particular design, on the off chance that someone will need one. At least that is how one windshield company explained it to me. I was trying to get glass for an '02 Mastercraft and they said it was "...not possible. In terms of windshields, that's ancient." because it would cost tens of thousands in re-tooling for one piece so they will not do it.

Maybe there are companies that can make a design from a set of plans, for reasonable money? I haven't found one.

One thing always seems to be true with respect to ordering specialized glass, and that is, it takes forever. OK two things; it's expensive, too.