Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I ordered 7 EA pieces that were 6LF each. so Roughly 42LF. they are .75" thick and 5.5" wide. Sold as 1x6. I ripped two boards down to 2.75" each and made the frame for the bottom. The top is 5 pieces glued end to end for a total of 27.5" in depth. I traced the shape of the original platform onto a piece of cardboard and just continued the angle of the sides where it met 27.5" on the bardboard. I cut it out and used the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket to get the radius on the two endges. It was pretty easy. I used Titebond III glue and 1" stainless #8 screws counter sunk to screw it all together.

I had roughly 3 feet of a ripped down board left, as well as a few small blocks from trimming the angles on the sides of the platform.

so far so good, it did not affect the wakeboard wake at all. It was night and day getting in and out of the boat. Being in the water actually darkened up the finish a bit. I'll post up next time we surf. after 1st trip.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yjwrangler95 View Post
    so far so good, it did not affect the wakeboard wake at all. It was night and day getting in and out of the boat. Being in the water actually darkened up the finish a bit. I'll post up next time we surf. after 1st trip.jpg
    yeah, at wakeboard speeds with evenly balanced ballast there should be NO chance it's affect the wakeboard wake at all. And it might not even affect the surf wake as the bottom is smooth and hopefully won't cut int your wake at all. Surf is the only possible area where it could be negatively affected.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

That is very nice. I just bought an 89 comp, and I agree the factory platform is difficult to get on.