Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SA 450 surf swell recommendations

I'm looking for some tips on setting up the ballast for the SA with surf swell. I went out yesterday with all 2,200 pounds full and the skim was OK and the barrel wasn't good at all. I was going about 10 mph. Any tips/recommendations? Surf faster, less bow weight? I'm going out again today and play around with different setups.

I have an SC 450 and am having the same issues and would appreciate any input from anybody on settings on the SC. I did find this with recommendations from the factory

http://www.scdealerconnect.com/produ...f-set-up-guide

Even when setup as described in the above link the skims just "OK" and the Barrell is not good

I have SC 450 and am experiencing the same issue and would appreciate any input for the SC. I was able to find these recommendations from the factory

http://www.scdealerconnect.com/produ...f-set-up-guide

Even with everything set up like this the skim is OK and the barrel is not good. Any suggestions??

How did the second day go?

Day 2 still didn't yield the results I was looking for. I reduced ballast in the bow and varied the speed from 9.5 to 11. No real improvement but I only tried it for 15-20 minutes as the family was ready to go home after 3 solid days on the lake.

In the Supra SA the ballast fills off of timers. The rear both have the same allotted time. You said that you have 2200lbs of ballast, thus you have the hard tanks and bags in the rear, and a hard tank and a bag in the bow. I would try filling the rear on the side you are surfing 100% the side you aren't surfing 80-90% and the bow 50%.

Have you seen this from Supra Freaks? I am having the same problem with my SC.https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=e4...5X4QHRER9Yzq8A
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dancinbear; 05-28-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: link

Thanks wasdblak for the tips and dancinbear, I hadn't seen that from Suprafreaks when I started this thread but have it now. Haven't tried it but will this weekend. I also went with a 750 bag that I get Saturday. Have you tried either the equal or the offset settings?

Had a much better day today! Had a 750 in the starboard side, 100% in port with the normal flex bag and 40% in center. Wake plate at 45% and 9.9 mph. Wake was massive. Able to surf easily without rope and was quite a way behind the boat. My wife even did pretty tight 180's driving and I didn't sink out.

That's awesome! Glade to hear you had a better experience, than your first couple times out. Fly high does make a 750lb bag designed specifically for the Supra SA. It is in an L shape, so it will fill up the entire compartment.

Any pictures?