Default mariah transom crack and exhaust leak

Hello, I'm new to the forum and a new Supra owner. I just purchased an 88 Mariah with a Ford PCM 351 and Velvet drive. There are a few things wrong with the boat and I need some help. I have a crack in the transom just in front of the rear lifting eye. I have posted a picture of it. Is this a normal stress point? Also I have a leak coming in from my right exhaust through the transom. The boat is fitted with the multi-chambered exhaust baffles and I've read a few posts on these leaking. Can anyone tell me how best to repair the leak? Thanks
    photo copy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mjdean View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and a new Supra owner. I just purchased an 88 Mariah with a Ford PCM 351 and Velvet drive. There are a few things wrong with the boat and I need some help. I have a crack in the transom just in front of the rear lifting eye. I have posted a picture of it. Is this a normal stress point? Also I have a leak coming in from my right exhaust through the transom. The boat is fitted with the multi-chambered exhaust baffles and I've read a few posts on these leaking. Can anyone tell me how best to repair the leak? Thanks
    photo copy.jpg

My comp was cracked in that spot I ended up fixing it when I did my stringer repair. You can reseal your exhaust with 3m 4200 or 5200. 5200 is a lot more permanent.

Thanks for the info bens250ex. I took the exhaust flanges off the transom today and noticed that the side that was leaking came out really easy, the other side took some effort, then I noticed it felt like there was a hose clamp on that one, probably accessed from under the fuel tank. Does this seem correct?

Went to the local fiberglass/gellcoat guy today and he thinks someone drew the lifting eye down too tight to the fiberglass. We took the ski locker apart and it appeared he was correct. $200 to fix the glass.

Also, I don't have the bolts coming out of the supertraps that I've seen discussed in other threads. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mjdean View Post
    Also, I don't have the bolts coming out of the supertraps that I've seen discussed in other threads. Any thoughts?
    can you post pics of what you got?

Here is the pic of the exhaust through the transom. Any thoughts? The first 3" is a rubber boot and I can squeeze my finger between the transom and the boot and feel a hose clamp around the outside of the boot.photo.jpg

Default mariah transom crack and exhaust leak

Cut a hole in the floor under gas tank . Measure twice cut once . Clean out foam to access site . Fix it up right new rubbers / clamps and seal your trapps front and back . Install floor back and glass it in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

That looks diff from what I had. Like lively said you will need to access it from the back to fully fix it.