Default PSA: Mudflaps the ugly hero

I can't tell you how many hours I have in polishing boats. It would literally need to be measured by weeks. But we all have tons and tons of work put into making our boats look good.

So I'm here to remind you to make sure you take care of that. I recently made a purchase I'm very pleased about to protect my boat. Mudflaps. Yep, mudflaps. This is not a plug, just a PSA to not forget about. My old truck, my old SUV, and my current truck have all been guilty of slinging mud on my boat. Well my current truck is a hoss with some aggressive tread so it can easily pick up a very LARGE rock and sling it a my hull.

So I got some of these to put on my truck. They are stupid honking huge, but that's what I wanted, full coverage. But the cool thing is, they are removable. They can fit on any truck or SUV that has a 2" receiver hitch, as long as the hitch point sticks out from under the bumper a little bit.

Just something to think about. When I'm towing through gravel parking lots, or driving down the road and there is some debris, I used to literally cringe. Now I can relax a bit.

OK,,,where did you find them. I want some.
    Thanks

Gotta love amazon. Make sure you have a 2" hitch that slides into your receiver. Most trucks are. And that's the actual slide in hitch, not the receiver itself.

Cruiser Accessories Rock Tamers

http://amzn.com/B006M9VIRM

Default PSA: Mudflaps the ugly hero

Dayum $216!
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

The open face design of the Mud Terrains make rocks fly even more..... I remember last season cruising home around 55mph when there was a ping from the underside. Pure stomach droppage when you remember about the boat behind you. With the big truck no issues for I built almost the exact same thing to cover between the fenders and road.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

How's the 6.7 treating you by the way ??? Love to buy a newer truck but DEF deletes north of the border cannot be done. The fines are insane... $50 000 plus for a commercial vehicle operator.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Quote Originally Posted by cigars n scotch View Post
    Dayum $216!
    True, but think of one big rock chip in the hull. That will easily cost as much to repair if you aren't fiberglass handy. Plus it helps keep water and mud debris off the boat as well if you drive through a wet area, or washout.

Quote Originally Posted by DAFF View Post
    How's the 6.7 treating you by the way ??? Love to buy a newer truck but DEF deletes north of the border cannot be done. The fines are insane... $50 000 plus for a commercial vehicle operator.
    Well I came from the 5.4L Ford with a 4-speed. So the diesel and 6-speed is just friggin awesome. I haven't done the delete yet as the truck is still under warranty. I need to pick up the components soon or I won't be able to as EPA keeps outlawing them.

But yeah, I love this truck. There isn't one negative thing I can say about it. I'm a big Ford fan too, have been for years, but this truck has definitely swayed me.

After getting a ding on my Mariah, I too put large flaps on the Suburban. Like you said, peace of mind.
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM