Default Cheaper alternative to new board rack nets,

I needed new board rack bungees and Roswell quoted around $45.00 ea so after looking at them I noticed everything just slips over the bungee cord. I found a kayak supplier online and bought 20ft of new 1/4 cord for around 10.00 and simply restrung the netting and clip over the new cord and installed the "new" cords on the racks. Also, thinking of modifying my racks and installing Mastercraft clamp style board fingers on my Supra finger mounts the stock Roswell fingers leave marks on surf board decking and are very narrow.
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by HIFLYR View Post
    I needed new board rack bungees and Roswell quoted around $45.00 ea so after looking at them I noticed everything just slips over the bungee cord. I found a kayak supplier online and bought 20ft of new 1/4 cord for around 10.00 and simply restrung the netting and clip over the new cord and installed the "new" cords on the racks. Also, thinking of modifying my racks and installing Mastercraft clamp style board fingers on my Supra finger mounts the stock Roswell fingers leave marks on surf board decking and are very narrow.
    If you want to have the board racks stop marking up your boards... rip out the black rubber and go buy some 1-1/8" flexible pvc fuel line. Shove that in there, and it wont come out or mark you boards up. I just replaced the black stuff with this fuel line on one of my fingers and it works great.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

One of the cool things about buying your own cords is you can buy them in any color you want. When I had racks on mine, I used red cord. Custom!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Thanks for the ideas guys...I am having my powder coated black and was wondering where to get a new cords and replace black rubber.