Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Really have the bug to get a newer Supra. Looking for a 24 ssv I think. Any input?

I came across what I thought was a great deal on a 2007 24 ssv. Started talking with the guy and after several days of communication have determined it wasn't the great deal I thought it was. First it was in the Houston Tx area. about a 24 hour drive from Ohio. It is on craigslist. The pics showed some discoloration to the interior. Turns out someone was using some type of suntan lotion that stained almost all the upholstery. Couldn't really get him to send me any good pics. Then he tells me all the ballast bags have been removed due to some leaks. Then he finally sends me some pics of it on a trailer and turns out he doesn't have a trailer for it. Shows it sitting on an ate up sea ray trailer. Starts talking about the gulf coast so I ask if it has been in salt water. He says no, but has been in brackish. So by the time I would make it right, it would be in the price range of the others I have seen and I would not be happy about it being in brackish water.

But I now have the bug to get another boat. Think I want a 24 ssv or maybe 22. But I think I would like the larger boat. Think I am in the $40,000 dollar price range. So if you see something in your area for sale let me know. I don't mind traveling, but under 12 hours would be better than 24 hours of driving.

If anyone has any tips on what they think I would like better let me know also. I know I waht a V drive, and built in ballast, just don't like how crowded the Pirata gets with 5 or 6 people and ballast bags on the floor.

Thanks

Scott
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

If you really have the bug for a newer Supra, I'd look at the 2002-2004 SSV's They seem to be the ones with less issues lately. Great boats, great wakes when weighted, and V-drive. You can pick them up for much less than $40k.

That's a tall order to find a fairly new 24 for around 40... Might be able to get into a 22 around there, but the 24's you'll have to find a really good deal. This one came up in a quick search (its a 22ssv). I'm actually surprised at the lack of used supra's on the market.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/4440022274.html
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Good luck on your search, I'm now in the process of trying to convince the family to upgrade.

I would suggest using this site or a similar one that lets you search all of the craigslist's.

http://onecraigs.com/

a 24ssv I found
    http://augusta.craigslist.org/boa/4430099780.html

What size is your current boat?
    What do you think you want to do with the new one?
    Our 22SSV is perfect for us. We upgraded from a 19' open bow.
    We can put 6 adults plus 4 kids and be comfortable. Typically, it is 3 of us. We slalom ski, wakeboard and the swim platform makes it seem like a 40 footer (everyone goes in the water and hangs out back there).
    I really like the size and again, for what we use it is just right.
    The one from Cincinatti looks about the price/condition I would expect and same size/layout. The bench seat can be slid into the middle of the boat for rear facing seating(though we don't use it). You can also fill a 1100# ballast bag, slide the rear seat toward the bow, for surfing. Friends same layout boat in KY did that when we were down.
    So again, all in how you want to use it would base the size. Got a place to store/park it when not using?(ie indoor/winter) extra $$$ per foot.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

We just bought our 24 SSV THE DAY the previous owner dropped it off as a trade in on his upgrade. It only had 112 HOURS!!!
    The vinyl, hull engine,etc. all looked great. Picked it up for $38K.
    We had been looking at a lot of boats for two months so when this came along we acted immediately. I believe there was a 22' at a place in Lewisville called McGoy's Toys you can see on line.
    Coming from a 20' Crownline I/O Bowrider it's hard to grasp having 16 people in a boat and still pulling up a 170lb slalom skiier with no effort. I take it on family outings all the time and 16 people is the norm. Granted 12 are below 20 yo but they are still bodies taking up room. In other words, we love it.
    I will be upgrading the stereo head and subwoofer, adding some lights on the tower and some transom lights. Other than that it's pretty well already rigged how I want it. Keep looking and eventually one will pop up; but act fast!Leon group.jpg
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Man I would love to snag that blue 2004 in Fort Collins. We're still 3-4 years away from that upgrade.

Just stumbled across this thing. Posted a month ago but if its still for sale, 07 24ssv w/ 90 hrs. I dig the white personally.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/4432685611.html

There is a 24v for sale on little Rock AR craigslist for low 30s. Not sure why.

We love our 24 for the space but it is a big boat.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 24SSV