Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Be sure to wire brush all the connections...and you'll be good to go. Where's the house boat trip?

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Be sure to wire brush all the connections...and you'll be good to go. Where's the house boat trip?
    Good call. Cumberland, haven't been since I was a kid. I'm hauling down from MI so I don't need any surprises to ruin things, one can hope.

Default 04 SSV Starter Replacement(?)

Those starters are mounted in a terrible place! I always have issues with mine. I have a brand new starter and it still gets hung sometimes. Easy to install a new one though just two bolts and it falls then the wiring is pretty straight forward if nothing breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new starter is on the UPS truck for delivery today so hoping to make the swap tonight and really praying that does the trick as I am almost out of time to get her running and back to good before heading out in a week. So its easier to deal with the wires/connections after it's loose from the block?

I would mount it, then wire it. They have a lot of torque in them so getting the mount right is important.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Whelp got it on last night and the boat roared right up so I guess I lucked out in identifying things right the first go around. It's quite a chore getting the back/inside bolt out. The power & speed it turns over with now has me thinking that the "dead battery" syndrome starts will be gone which is also a relief. Thanks for helping me with the advice and direction seeing as I was a new poster here.

Starter issue behind me, but boat started to act up again on my trip. Started to loose power and want to bog down under load, eventually almost sounded like it could have been missing (though I'm not exactly sure) and eventually sputtered and died out when I was idling it back to the boat. Got it back home and in the water last weekend and it was running normal out of the gate and then started to bog down after some use again. I feel like it would be likely a fuel supply issue like its getting choked up or maybe ignition/spark. Seem like a good place to start with some replacements and tune up?

Catching up on some of the easier maintenance items this week to see if they help-
    - Changed the plugs out last night
    - Trying to change the fuel filter but not quite sure where it is?
    - And it wouldn't hurt to change the rotor/cap right? I was thinking this may be all electronic with the EFI but it appears to still have a rotor (distributor?) Any one familiar with these part numbers for the 04 Assault 325? Already written tutorials on any of these replacements I overlooked?

Unfortunately, I'm worthless with the EFI engines.

How is your gas? Has it been through a full tank this year? Any chance the gas has water in it?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Have been through several tanks. Usually fill it at home with 5 gallon cans from the station. The remainder of the current tank is what's left from a refill at the marina on cumberland. I don't see how the water could have been induced unless there is a leak into the system under the floor or the marina somehow had bad gas on me.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn6752 View Post
    Have been through several tanks. Usually fill it at home with 5 gallon cans from the station. The remainder of the current tank is what's left from a refill at the marina on cumberland. I don't see how the water could have been induced unless there is a leak into the system under the floor or the marina somehow had bad gas on me.
    Sounds unlikely to be bad gas. It usually gets water in it from sitting over the winter. The moisture in the air collects inside the tank as condensation and then drips into the fuel. If you've been through 5 tanks, I'd keep looking. The fuel/water separator is worth changing, though.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.