Default 2001 22SSV electrical problems

I'm having some issues with my 01 SSV. When I'm on the lake in choppy water the gage cluster starts going nuts and the motor will DIE!.....
    The boat will crank back up and take off and run as long as I don't go to fast on the ruff water. I have done the following.
    1. Checked ground engine block (looks good no corrosion and tight)
    2. Checked battery connections( good no corrosion and tight)
    3. Checked Wire harness on motor. ( seemed to be lose ???? but made sure that it was seated well.)

There are some wires under the dash that are not connected and they look like they may go somewhere.
    Has anyone had issues like this ?
    Dose anyone know where I could get a wire diagram for this boat?
    Last edited by quadman; 06-04-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Default 2001 22SSV electrical problems

Don't need a wiring diagram . Get a volt meter and check continuity of all your grounds to the batt . Just run the boat in the driveway and idle it up about 2k and start shaking the wire bundles . If vibration is causing it you will be able to simulate the issue very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Check the large round connector located under the circuit breaker on the engine. Mine was corroded and caused this
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by CornRickey View Post
    Check the large round connector located under the circuit breaker on the engine. Mine was corroded and caused this
    That was the harness connector that I thought was a little to lose. How tight dose the connector fit on yours? Also what did you use the get the corrosion out of the female side of the connector?

I used electrical wash and cleaned the male end with emery cloth. One of the contacts heated up and the rubber around it bulged ppt and I trimmed it flat. I took a couple wire ties and pulled the connectors back together. Has worked for 2 seasons
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Thanks I will give that a shot.