Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 92 Comp Exhaust

Default 92 Comp Exhaust

Ok sum it up I have been chasing a water leak, tightened prop shaft and rudder. However take it out and run it and I still have water coming in from somewhere........ From the engine back in the center section is good. However I noticed the left rear carpet was wet yesterday. Could it be fro the water coming thru the exhaust manifold into the floor? I looked from the rear inside the exhaust and the only place I can see is about 6inches in it looks like maybe there is a attach point with a gasket that could leak? Otherwise it is a strait wide open tube to the hose coming off the manifold.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

These boats can take on water in weird ways. Last year I had a bunch of water coming out from under the dash when the front bilge pump wold come on. I finally found a place in the bilge line where the PO had spliced two sections of bilge line using a piece of aluminum tubing that had completely oxidized away. Then a few weeks ago I had another steady stream of water coming from under the dash again but only while cruising at 20k while wake boarding. At first I thought it was probably another bilge line issue but when I stuck my head under there I found that the pitot tube to one of the speedos had come off and for some reason at certain speeds water was forced in and was keeping my fee cool

I sure don't know what you have going on but good hunting!
    1991 SunSport

Default 92 Comp Exhaust

Check your rub rail...if you're not at 25+MPH in the comp, your rub rail is probably down near the water and getting in there. Try applying a small bead of silicone along the underside of your rub rail from about the doghouse back for starters and report back.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Check your rub rail...if you're not at 25+MPH in the comp, your rub rail is probably down near the water and getting in there. Try applying a small bead of silicone along the underside of your rub rail from about the doghouse back for starters and report back.
    That could very well be a cause, my rub rail is beat and cracked all to hell. One of my winter projects is to replace it.
    Big Air tower

I know you said it's coming from the middle but I just found a leak coming out of the seam from one of my silencers. It was rubbing in the hull. I jb welded it and I'm back in action. Haven't had a leak since

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Default 92 Comp Exhaust

How did you get to the silencer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big Air tower

Default 92 Comp Exhaust

After seeing the floor wet on that side, I am thinking either the exhaust or like jetlink said the rub rail . I just can't see how to gain access to where the muffler should be

Big Air tower

Remove the dog house. Remove the back bench(slides out). You will see two seams in the rug mine had two screws holding it down. The cover should lift out. While you have it open you should check to make sure both blowers are working. I jb welded mine cause I had it on hand but i would reglass the area. Also I would check the 3.5" exhaust hoses coming from the manifolds. Both of mine dry rotted last year and had a small drip. If they are bad get the soft hoses way easier to put back on. First one I did I use the one with te metal spring and it took me two hours of banging it with a sledgehammer. The second I used the new soft hose and it slid right on. Also check all your clams you should have two at each fitting. Lastly check the baffles. A lot of time the caulk goes bad and you'll have water coming in from there. I did all that and other then the drop I get from my prop shaft it's bone dry. Sits in the water during the weekends and the bilge never turns on.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Default 92 Comp Exhaust

Hoses coming off manifolds are good, I checked those right away. I had bench seat up yesterday and could only find access to center flooring, my exhaust runs outside of the stringers. I pulled up carpet a little but didn't see any screws attaching the outer floor and when I looked up the tail pipe it was hallow almost like there were no mufflers just a tube running from the manifold hose to the thru hull exhaust tips

Big Air tower

Hmm sorry mine runs through that center opening

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady