Default Speed Control Recommendation

I have a DD 2000 supra launch and was interested in getting some type of speed control for wakeboarding. I cannot figure out which system will work on this boat. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Check out RideSteady. They have a nice system which has more features than PP. Haven't heard any complaints about it but it may be a better value these days. I am totally happy with my paddlewheel PP setup but would probably opt for RideSteady if I was in the market for speed control again as I believe you get more for your money.

Do you boat in rivers or lakes?

Rivers, get something with a paddlewheel, but avoid GPS.
    Lakes, either paddle wheel or GPS will work.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Check out RideSteady. They have a nice system which has more features than PP. Haven't heard any complaints about it but it may be a better value these days. I am totally happy with my paddlewheel PP setup but would probably opt for RideSteady if I was in the market for speed control again as I believe you get more for your money.
    I have a 2002 Launch DD (very similar) and recently purchased the Ridesteady system and couldn't be happier. I opted for the GPS setup instead of the paddle wheel version as I don't use my boat on moving water. They offered awesome customer support when I had any questions and even offer you $100 refund if you document your install. I will try to find some pictures of the install if it helps you decide?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the advice.

Blackstang that is a great color combo on your boat!

I am just starting to consider adding speed control. The Ridesteady system looks pretty good. I saw some PP systems for sale on craigslist and was wondering if that may be an option as well.

I plan on installing myself, and was curious as to the level of difficulty and how long it takes to install.

Thanks

Either system is fairly easy to install. If you ride on moving water I suggest getting the paddle wheel option so that you can choose between it or GPS. The Ridesteady system took me aprx 5 hours to install. I'm sure others have done it way faster but I had my boat totally torn apart adding a heater system and new stereo, so I took my time routing wires nicely and making sure the throttle cable was dead on. Here are a couple pictures of the dash and the throttle motor for reference. And no, these pictures are not of the finished project with the nicely routed wires. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

My only real issue with ridesteady is the hideous gauge...why can't they have some options?

I just ordered a stargazer 3 event from a guy that has new take offs. Got it for $500 plus $100 for new harnesses. Also getting a paddle wheel. Looked over the instructions and it doesn't look like a bad install. Servo looks like tough part.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers