Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I don't think I'd be worried about your hull holding up -- I think that will be fine. I'm more concerned with that swiss cheese HDPE holding up.

I'd ditch the nylocks and use SS barrel nuts. Super low-profile. http://www.mcmaster.com/#barrel-nuts/=se3ovn
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Default Trayson's DIY "Supra Surf System" (SSS) modeled after the NSS

I know it adds a lot of work but now would be a great time to relocate your fuel tank forward. Let me know if you need any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by biggsie View Post
    I know it adds a lot of work but now would be a great time to relocate your fuel tank forward. Let me know if you need any advise.

That is definitely way more than I'm willing to bite off!!

however, while I've got my gas tank pulled again, I'm going to move my transom lights and replace the warped plastic exhaust outlet tips...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Default Trayson's DIY "Supra Surf System" (SSS) modeled after the NSS

When you have the tips off take a pic. I'm wondering if the 3"SS exhaust pipe protrudes enough for you to do the PVC FAE? Mine is holding up great and it was like $20 and less than an hour to install.

When you have the tips off take a pic. I'm wondering if the 3"SS exhaust pipe protrudes enough for you to do the PVC FAE? Mine is holding up great and it was like $20 and less than an hour to install.

No SS Exhaust pipe on mine... Just wet exhaust hose.

But I would like to do a FAE in my future.

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Interesting...... it's never easy huh?

Interesting...... it's never easy huh?
    Not a chance. Although the fact that I have a FLAT stern on my boat with only 1 step that's exactly 1/2" is 'easy' in the grand scheme of things for my Surf System. If I had a rounded hull, it'd be a no-go.

Cleaned up the port side today. I took some length off the bolt that were sticking out and installed the knob. I also trimmed a little off the bottom of the blade and baseplates because they were sticking beneath the hull even with the blade retracted. It was because of the angle of the stern transom. easily remedied. I also added marks to easily tell each inch of lateral excursion on the blade.

Here's a revised Port side blade with the inch measurements:

I continued on the Starboard side and it certainly came out nicer. As planned, I learned from doing the one side and was able to make the more important side better. I relocated the channels a bit and just generally improved on all my mounting points.

Here is a pic that shows that the blade extends about 3/4" to 1" below the bottom of the hull. this was modeled after the NSS that does the same thing.

(this pic is before we cleaned up the edges and smoothed everything out)

Also, I added lines to the Starboard side too. This one extends 3" out laterally. In this pic, the edges were cleaned up nicely and it's in it's finished configuration. Next step is to water test.

when are you dropping it in for a test?? can't wait to see the results.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!