Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Glad its working for you. Might look into something like it for mine down the road.
    1995 Supra Sunsport 454

Here are a couple better pics of the wave. Now, is it a wave that tops a $40k to $100k vdrive? Probably not. But for a 1992 direct drive, I'm pretty happy.

This is only the 2nd time I've rode goofy. I'm a newb at it. And obviously regular is better on my boat. But FWIW, here's the goofy wave.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

your boat is right hand prop?
    Function before fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    your boat is right hand prop?
    My Prop is CCW when looking at the boat from the back. I also have the 1:1 transmission (don't ask me why, it's just what was in the boat when I got it).

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

That is a left hand prop. The only reason i'm suprised is almost all left hand prop boats make a better wave on the goofy side and you say yours is doing it on the regular side.

I think i misunderstood your post. I think you meant the wave is better on the regular side with the nss system.
    Function before fashion!

trayson, if i were to come up with a way to mount this to the outermost platform bolts on my '88 sunsport, are the nuts on the backside of those bolts accessible without removing the gas tank? or, are they nuts that won't require a wrench on them to loosen/tighten, obviously assuming the bolts aren't taken completely out?
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Here is a pic where you can see the bolts going through my hull. I used 10 bolts. 3 down the side, 3 on the bottom, two in the middle, and two through the backing plate of the swim platform. You can also see the two big bolts that are the back of the D-ring for the boat's tie down straps...

In my opinion, no, you couldn't do this effectively without removing the gas tank. But it's not like taking out the tank is really that big of deal. To remove the tank, take off the 3 hoses and the two electrical wires from the tank. Then you've got two bolts in the rear on a bracket and 2 lag screws in the front that hold the tank down. Then lift it out. I've removed my tank twice (rudder packing and NSS install).

That is a left hand prop. The only reason i'm suprised is almost all left hand prop boats make a better wave on the goofy side and you say yours is doing it on the regular side.

I think i misunderstood your post. I think you meant the wave is better on the regular side with the nss system.
    My understanding is that a LH prop like mine makes a better wave on the Port side, favoring regular. And yes, with the NSS, it follows the same pattern: better for regular not quite as good for goofy.

Nope, All of my left hand prop boats have naturally made a wave on the starboard or goofy side. That also meant i needed less pitch from the surfgate for that side.
    Function before fashion!

Nope, All of my left hand prop boats have naturally made a wave on the starboard or goofy side. That also meant i needed less pitch from the surfgate for that side.
    Interesting. Because Centurion developed the "surf RIGHT" option where they offered a RH prop rotation to give a better goofy wave:

From one of their press releases:

*"Continuing our commitment to the fastest growing watersport in the world, we have the most innovative options available, such as the SwitchBlade wake enhancement system to customize the shape of the wake on the fly with the touch of a button. Now, Centurion is the only boat manufacturer to offer the RightSurf system. Your friends may call you "goofy", but we understand you simply prefer to surf on the starboard-side. RightSurf enables a gang of goofy-riders to surf a clean face all the time with a right-hand rotation V-drive and propeller."

So, according to Centurion, Right surf = RH rotation = better goofy.