Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1993 Supra Saltare 23ft questions

Looking at the above boat.

Engine and transmission have both been rebuilt along with all hoses and wiring. Stringers seem to be in good condition still and the motor has one summer under its belt with all receipts and built by a reputable shop. (5.8L)

Hull is in fairly good shape with a few scratches down the sides from docks, trailer, what have you.

The bad: Carpet, interior, windshield and gauges pretty much all need replaced.

What is a boat like this worth in your area? I was figuring rougly $3500-4000 to come close to replacing everything.

Any input on this boat is appreciated from this newbie.

Coming from a Sea Ray I/O

What boat...No link.

Sorry, I just meant the description listed above. 1993 Supra Saltare 23ft

Not even any info on that model in particular?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So much depends on condition. 1993 means it might have composite stringers.... does it have a curved windshield?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Yes, curved.

Here's the good:

92+ means no wood. That's a composite stringer boat, so they better be in good shape.
    Gauges, carpet, and interior are easy to fix. Not cheap, but easy. Interior figure $1500-2000 for a full interior job. Depending on the area that can go up or down.
    Guages are easy, just pick your style and go. Carpet is also not the easiest, but it can be done. I redid mine for about $300 (search my thread on Carpet in a Saltare)

The bad:

The windshield. The windshields on these boats are the hardest thing to replace. Since there are no specifications or dimensions available from the factory, you can't just take them down to a fabricator and have them cut new glass. You will have to find a real pro who can measure and make your windshield from scratch. That will be $$$$.
    Is it cracked or missing?

All in all the composite Saltares are great boats. They usually fetch around $10k depending on condition. So I would jump on a $3500 one, even a rough one. (but i like to get them cheap and then fix them, I'm crazy)

That's what I was afraid of on the wind shield. Cracked pretty badly but still there.

How many hours of labor did you put in your carpet job? I have seen your thread on it before.

Well, glass replacements for our com (curved glass) was $4,400 a side! So we got Lexan for the one side for only a couple hundred $$$ through USAA. It looks good. But it is flimsy and has NO strength. you could put your hand on the glass windshields to support your self if needed. But the lexan just flexes...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Goodness gracious. ...