Hybrid View

Default 1985 Sunsport Skier tach replacement

Just wondering if anyone knows how to replace a tach on a 85 sunsport. It sits right behind the steering wheel and I tried to see if I could get the wheel off but could not. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

it has a metal clamp on the back side that pushes against the dash. Why do you need to replace it? A new gauge set or is it reading wrong? If its reading wrong, very easy fix. Take a small flat head go to the back of the gauge. You will see a Cylinder selector. Note which one it is currently on, it should be 8 cyl, take the small flat head and just rotate the selector each way several times. This will clear all the oxidation and correct wrong/erratic readings...
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

Yup and it should come out no problem without removing the wheel. There is also a calibration adjustment that requires a small screwdriver to adjust, you need to know what RPM the motor is actually running at to use that one though. In my case someone had turned it and broken it so I disassembled the gauge removed the switch mentioned above and soldered it to be permanent at 8 cyl. I replaced the broken trim pot, but now I have to calibrate. I took a whole pile of pictures so I can post them up if you like.

Hello Chris. Very old post but do you still have the pics for the Supra tach repair? Thx

Thanks, It needs replaced. The needle totally fell off.