Default 1988 Supra Comp Exhaust questions

Boat has been taking on water for some time and getting progressively worse. I put in an autobilge as a temporary fix but last week decided to tear into it and figure out what was leaking before I ended up with a dead battery and a boat at the bottom of the lake. Pulled the gas tank out and dropped the lift down. The side of one of the exhaust silencers blew out and water was running into the boat at a pretty good rate. Pulled the gas tank was not fun and I don't want to have to do this again in the near future. I did some checking and it appears that Supra doesn't make these silencers anymore. I don't want to do some silicone repair job and have this happen again down the road or have the other side blow out. Decided that I would like to get rid of the silencers and run this straight out the back of the boat. Not worried about the extra rumble this will create (actually looking forward to it). Was hoping that I could just stick a 10 inch long piece of 3 inch stainless pipe in the place of the silencer and run heavy rubber couplers on either end with hose clamps. I'm having a problem finding the right size couplers. Anyone know where I can find something like this? I've been to a couple hardware stores thinking I could pick up a Fernco PVC coupler but a 3 inch Fernco is made for a 3 inch "inside" diameter PVC, not 3 inch "outside diameter" so the inside measurement is 3 1/2 inches. I measured the ends of the silencer and it appears that the inside measurement is 3 - 3.125, perhaps 3 inches but a bit stretched out???

Anyone done a mod like this? Parts info or advice is appreciated.

I just repaired one of mine. Easy fix. I jb welded so I could use it for the weekend. During the week I sanded off the jb weld and glassed it. Really easy and it's holds up. I'm betting that when you put it away for the winter water was left in it without antifreeze And it blew the end out. I'm guessing cause that's what I'm betting happened to mine.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Given how much work it was to get the tank out and get to these mufflers I didn't want to risk having the other side blow out or my repair not hold. I did quite a bit of looking and didn't find a good replacement for the mufflers that I have.

Decided to get rid of the old mufflers that are looking pretty worn out and just run straight pipes. Bought a couple feet of stainless steel exhaust pipe and a couple feet of 3 inch I/D wet exhaust hose from the local Mastercraft dealer. Going to put a stick of stainless in the middle with 4 inch couplers on each end.

If it's too loud I may put together a FAE exhaust out the back to keep things in check. For now this will get me running by the weekend.

This is what straight pipes on a Comp will most likely sound like. There are only a few speeds where the exhaust resonates throughout the entire boat where it can get rather obnoxious.

'86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Have you tried skidim? I just had to replace mine and bought them from there