Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Is anyone on this forum in their mid-40s plus?

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    I think someone here did a writeup on converting to EFI using a hybrid of 302 Mustang mass air parts along with 351w truck manifold and just changed the wiring around on the harness. I seem to recall he drilled and tapped the risers for the O2 sensor and used some sort of sleeve through the wet portion. Not sure how that's working long term as I'd be worried about reversion and how a small amount of moisture may affect the sensor but seemd like a fairly straightforward conversion, trickiest part being O2 sensor. Might be worth looking at if you're set on EFI.
    Hagman is who I think you're talking about and his conversion was dirt cheap if I recall.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

26 here, owned my Comp since 21.

^^ The conversion is not that difficult, the O2 sensor would scare me though. I have an '87 5.0 EFI Mustang and those ECU's are incredibly basic and can run with minimal inputs. Converting one would be straight forward. Only major component not from the mustang is a 351W GT40/EFI intake.
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt

You guys sure are funny!

Me, 18 years old. Been driving my parents (Almost mine) Supra Comp since I could sit in the seat

They bought it in 1995 right before they found out about me haha. We are all really attached to this boat, but its too small. So we bought the CC in fall of 2010. The Supra needing a good amount of work sat for 2 years in the barn. (Didn't budge an inch and the cover never moved) 2012 it came out and I completely rewired it. (Holy crap who the hell wired these things???) Started replacing interior a piece at a time. Made the back seat removable like a Stars And Stripes... And other things... The boat is now a sometimes boat. We pull it out of storage for some fun then put it back for a couple of weeks. The CC gets to stay on the lift.

Also, Holley, Edelbrock, MSI, etc. ALL make a $2,000 TBI EFI kit for ANY MOTOR. Just so ya know. It just replaces the Carb sitting on your intake and requires an O2 sensor
    1992 Supra Comp Ts6m 5000 Series PCM 5.8 HO Pro Boss Protec Ignition (not converted) w/ 4010 "Fish Bowl" Carb
    1.23:1 tranny
    "Silent Rider. Quiets The Competition." muffler isn't so silent anymore. ITS HOLLOW!

1989 Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 5.8 Power Plus Package

1984 E-Scow

92Supracomp, you da man!
    I re-wired an old motorcycle once when I was a teen that I bought for $500, then re-sold for $1,500. I liked doing the writing so much I ended up working for a wire and connector manufacturer. Now I design wiring for jets, tanks, missiles and radars! Strange trip from that old GPZ550.
    It's nice to hear that you don't spend all your time with your face in a screen. God, do I sound old or what?
    Show us some pics of your project boat...
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Same as Jasun :
    Supra Owner since the age of 31 ... now 33
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

41 this week. Had my Sunsport since 37. Lucky enough to spend my later teen years living on a lake (the lake where I live now). Also very lucky that when I was in my late teens, another lake resident was a Supra rep (later on also a Malibu rep). He had had a 1-2 demos every season for all of us to ski behind. Fell in love with the Sunsport skiing behind it in '88 - so I decided to buy one, restore one later in life. It took me a while to get to boats - I road raced (SCCA) for many years and spent lots of miles on motorcycles. Birth of my daughter pushed me to the water (safer, family friendly, lakelife).

Not only 40+ (50+) - grandbaby number 10 was born yesterday, and my daughter asked me to be there. Wow - the last time I was at a birth, my son (now almost 26 was being born). Awed ... just awed.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.