Thread: Throtle stiff

Default Throtle stiff

2004 Supra's throttle has always been a bit on the stiff side. Certainly compared with a buddies new DBW throttle that is super touchy. Is there any way of loosening the movement feel a bit?
    Thanks
    Z

Check the ends of the cable. They may have some corrosion on them. There are two. Check the tranny line and the throttle line. Easy way to tell which one is sticking is by pressing the button on the lever to put it in neutral. If it moves freely then it's the tranny line sticking if it's still stiff then it's the throttle cable

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

I don't believe the trans shift cable moves at or just above idle. That first larger movement before you get throttle response is the shift part of the shifter moving. Likely a stuff cable or has too tight a bend in it. Remove the spring at the carb or throttle body and see if it moved smooth and easy. Disconnect at each end to get the best idea of cable condition. Cable should move very easily with fingers when disconnected. You can try lubing or just replace, measure or cable usually has length printed on jacket. This reminds me I have a new throttle cable I need to install!