Default 2008 22SSV dying at idle and oil pressure

Recently got a 2008 22ssv, and after a run it can die when I bring it down to idle. It starts right back up, but it dies nonetheless. Is anyone familiar with this?

I have also noticed that the red light by the helm comes on in idle at times, and the warning label said that it has to do with the oil pressure, but the pressure gauge seems to be fine, and the crankcase isnt low on oil. Is this related to the dying issue?

Thanks!

Default 2008 22SSV dying at idle and oil pressure

Can't help with the stalling issue, but the red light at idle is normal as long as it disappears when you advance the throttle

Thank you! I appreciate the help.

Just a thought...you might want to clean/replace the PCV valve. If it is clogged, it can cause a lower than normal idle...which can also light the low oil pressure light and cause stalling when the throttle is closed rapidly.

Thank you as well, CJD. I also did some further research, and I did find out that the ECM computer on the 08's isn't a great computer. They make a rebuild kit, which is supposed to stop the dying at idle after a person throttles down, but from what I understand, you can also upgrade to the 09 ECM computer, which is about 1400 bucks, and that will resolve the issue, most likely. I think I may start with the PCV, haha.